Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2023

George BM

26 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

BWI up to 39 last hour. If they could somehow stay there, it would be the first sub-40 day since early February and would only be the 5th time since Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, they should crack 40 this hour.

What a craptastic winter.

If we can make through the 3pm hour without touching 40, I think we might make it.

We reached a high of 45 this afternoon...but I'm sure as hell glad that I did the first initial full front/backyard mowing yesterday, when it was 5-7 degrees warmer. I'm honestly trying to remember, and I don't think I've ever had to do the "first big mow" this early in the season...usually ended up being first week of April in the past 10-20 years. But, tons of weeds, and early patches of high, neon-green spurts of grass growth meant that the whole thing required an even cut at this point. All good.  :) 

image.thumb.jpeg.5e8a60f9f08d910796adab58cf35cd4d.jpeg

• Like 6

We rolling out this way, winds went calm around 5 am and temp has dropped like a rock. At 7 am it was 16.8 degrees, DP 9.0 and that sets a new record for the date, breaking the 17 degree reading from 1981. Temp is STILL dropping and currently at 7:45 am it is 16.6 degrees. Likely a new record for tomorrow. BTW, at 5 am it was 22.1 degrees. EDIT-just realized that I DID break the 'cool max' for the date too, 35.6 degrees was high, old mark was 36 degrees from 1981. Had it backwards there for a minute lol.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mappy said:

happy equinox!

Oh, HELL yeah. Sure, it's a little cooler than I like today....and after last night's temps, the magnolia trees now look like they're covered in last week's moldy porridge....but oh, I'm happy-dancing because official spring is here. (Now, to contend with the achy sinuses....)

image.gif.1ce7e049cfb340cdd064cb49b521c63b.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Oh, HELL yeah. Sure, it's a little cooler than I like today....and after last night's temps, the magnolia trees now look like they're covered in last week's moldy porridge....but oh, I'm happy-dancing because official spring is here. (Now, to contend with the achy sinuses....)

image.gif.1ce7e049cfb340cdd064cb49b521c63b.gif

Love the long days of sunlight. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic