Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Discobs 2023

George BM

• mappy pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Peak bloom forecasted between March 22 and 25 by NPS.

Pretty early, but not super early.  I have a feeling the Wizards city jerseys will be a little more frequent going forward.  I'm still iffy on those...I like the idea, but they went really all in on that pink lol.

25 minutes ago, George BM said:

Just noticed Jupiter and Venus in the night sky side-by-side (the conjunction). I thought it was an aircraft like a helicopter at first glance out of the corner of my eyes.

Yea, they've been in line recently.  I noticed it last week...a crescent moon at the time, shortly after sunset to the west (Moon-Jupiter-Venus in that order).

• Like 2

Saw the lightning bolts going backwards on Radarscope. Slept through it, though at my location I would've just heard low-rumbling distant thunder. 

I'll go ahead and put down March 2nd as the first thunder occurrence at my house of 2023.

Not quite as exciting as the weather five years ago today but it's... something.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yoda said:

Meanwhile, ice storm warnings are up for the BR and W MD for tomorrow 

I don't think they'll see 0.2-0.4" of ice accretion...this doesn't seem conducive to a big ice storm with the setup. No extreme cold leading in and temps will be in the low 30s with moderate to at times heavy precip.

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I don't think they'll see 0.2-0.4" of ice accretion...this doesn't seem conducive to a big ice storm with the setup. No extreme cold leading in and temps will be in the low 30s with moderate to at times heavy precip.

Kinda wish they'd go back to letting the Pitt office do Garrett County. Feel like the forecasts for out there sometimes don't match the local conditions. Also I really don't want to have to put my snow tires back on to head up tomorrow!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Kinda wish they'd go back to letting the Pitt office do Garrett County. Feel like the forecasts for out there sometimes don't match the local conditions. Also I really don't want to have to put my snow tires back on to head up tomorrow!

Yeah we were going to head up tonight but I now need to stay local for a few meetings tomorrow.  You may need those snow tires for the epic of all epic patterns in 10+ days. :P 

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeah we were going to head up tonight but I now need to stay local for a few meetings tomorrow.  You may need those snow tires for the epic of all epic patterns in 10+ days. :P 

I was planning to leave from NOVA around 2 for Davis tomorrow.  How bad do you think the roads will be?    Mostly concerned with getting through Mt. Storm/over the ridge.

4 hours ago, gunny23 said:

I was planning to leave from NOVA around 2 for Davis tomorrow.  How bad do you think the roads will be?    Mostly concerned with getting through Mt. Storm/over the ridge.

I think things will be fine but best to double check in the late morning. The low tonight at Mt Storm is 32 and the high tomorrow is 35. That doesn’t scream ice storm to me with the heavy precip but check conditions tomorrow before leaving. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic