Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 28th Snowstorm Observations

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty nice face plant by most models ramping up yesterday. Even if you took a 50% haircut of a lot of those numbers yesterday do to temps, we aren’t even going to reach that 

For Emass And esp NE mass it was a big fail but the flags were waiving furiously outside Of the overnite band 

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Despite lackluster radar,  the persistence of the steady light snow has been impressive the past hour.  My wife says another .25” at home.  Maybe I will hit 4” after all.

Yeah, all low level stuff not being captured.  Beam heights are 5k'.   Snowing decently here also.

Berkshire East skied very well, somehow light and dense at the same time. The mountain is wide open now, if we can just avoid r*** on Friday, we'll be in good shape heading into March.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty nice face plant by most models ramping up yesterday. Even if you took a 50% haircut of a lot of those numbers yesterday do to temps, we aren’t even going to reach that 

You could tell early this AM with the spotty radar returns and what had already fallen. Best stuff made it from RI to EWB then it kinda shredded. Then throw in the warming temps after mid-morning and the rest is history. 

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, those 10:1 ratio maps didn’t work out. Snow ratios were much lower, and I don’t think we got as much QPF as the models said either. 

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For Emass And esp NE mass it was a big fail but the flags were waiving furiously outside Of the overnite band 

Yes. My amounts specifically were for the overnight stuff and maybe an inch today. Well the overnight band was focused SW (which I had a feeling it would) and the morning stuff was weak until later in the morning, but by then temps were 33-34. So yeah, I'm not surprised. Once temps go above 33 it gets hard to accumulate this time of year, unless it's like 45DBZ slop coming down.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

We have some rain -snow mix’ish crap falling at 35.5f in Nashua . 

seeing the flags today is the difference between modelology/ weenieology(showing you what you want to see) and common sense of depending on IVT rates and forecasting from that combo of info

Same here in Methuen.....

Didn't bother with a measurement from Lowell, but I'd wager it was between 2 and 3 inches based on what I cleared off the driveway. The light stuff throughout the day hasn't added to the totals. It'll probably measure less now due to melting and compaction.

Deep winter look to the snow up north. A little difficult to determine how much has fallen from this storm. I'm guessing 5 or 6" and still coming down at a moderate rate. Could be another overproducer up there. Looks like the temp up there is back on it's way down from a high of 28.3F.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Just got home…snowing pretty well. A higher end -SN.

28°

Had another burst of moderate for about 1/2 hour while I was talking a walk with the dog in the woods.  Probably while you were driving.  I don't have a clear area but I'd say I'm over 5 by now.  Was pretty mod- heavy snow between 10-12:30.  Curious what your measurement is, as there's been a bit of compaction as the temp rose.

• Like 2