• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure why he can't grasp that...you would think he could wrap his mind around that with two kids of his own.

he was tooo busy cleaning his truck to help his wife with diaper duty.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I never view the UK.

I don’t take it very seriously at all ..unless the euro agrees with it 

the SPC HREF model and WPC snow probs are very bullish looking for 8” 

They did both fail in ASH for Tuesday’s system. We just need that front end to produce 

• Like 1

Just now, Modfan2 said:

Think I am still to far south for that, congrats Union, Woodstock, and Stafford 

Even where I am, I’m not expecting warning criteria. But something to watch this afternoon on the trends for late this evening…latest rap is showing the increasing snows in CT/RI as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Thanks for the balanced convo but they do suck. I've been burned before.

I never said they were great as operational forecast models. I seldom use them, if at all. At this range, I'd prefer the NBM, HREF, and HRRR over almost anything else.

My point was, if you're going to disregard the WRF-ARW/2 because they're WRF models, you may as well disregard the WRF-NMM model (NAM), as well.

Regardless, WRF-ARW is fantastic for post-hoc analysis using reanalysis data.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro upping the QPF in NH

Pounds into SW ME too, That has been ticking north with these tics as well has me solidly in the 10-14" range after all the runs this morning, I still like the 8-12" area as this may be just below 10:1.

• Thanks 1

was just looking through some old pics with my son who's now 11, think it was the winter of 13-14, could have been the next year, but man did we have some massive man size snow piles on the side of the driveway, taller than I, with me and him trying to make an igloo, hopefully next year we can get back to that type of pack

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

gonna be hard to overcome this warm antecedent airmass, we're close to 45 with now muted sun, but we'll see what happens, expectations not high with this one...

Well we do have a little bit of DP to work with as it is currently 19 here, so if we can shed a few degrees before the precipitation starts, we might have a window to see some wintry stuff.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Well we do have a little bit of DP to work with as it is currently 19 here, so if we can shed a few degrees before the precipitation starts, we might have a window to see some wintry stuff.

Wetbulb temp is like 31F at ORH and that’s with asos running a bit warm. 

I typically look at it this way….if there is going to be precip/snow worth really getting excited about, it’s going to wipe out that faux near-ground warm layer pretty quickly. If it can’t wipe it out, you weren’t missing much to begin with. Maybe you get 1-2” of glop instead of 3” of baking soda over 5 hours. But we were going to rip 6” in 5 hours, it’s mostly gonna happen even with the warmer sfc to start. You maybe lose a fraction on the front end, but otherwise dumping 0.15-0.20 per hour  in the bucket is gonna wipe out the BL very quickly. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wetbulb temp is like 31F at ORH and that’s with asos running a bit warm. 

I typically look at it this way….if there is going to be precip/snow worth really getting excited about, it’s going to wipe out that faux near-ground warm layer pretty quickly. If it can’t wipe it out, you weren’t missing much to begin with. Maybe you get 1-2” of glop instead of 3” of baking soda over 5 hours. But we were going to rip 6” in 5 hours, it’s mostly gonna happen even with the warmer sfc to start. You maybe lose a fraction on the front end, but otherwise dumping 0.15-0.20 per hour  in the bucket is gonna wipe out the BL very quickly. 

We go through this every March with needing to remind people that it can snow, despite warming to 47 degrees under early October sun. Think of it as the inverse of RAD cooling...if that is "fake" cold, then this is fake warmth.