• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

you can see the E flow effect on QPF over S monads , N orh hills and E slope . As usual these are you Jack spots in this airmass .

This is going to be a fun storm in Nashua . I don’t see more than 6” here at 200’

i’d guess ratios are going to be overdone and lead to higher forecast amounts in CP north of pike than what falls  . Maybe we “rip” for a couple hours but that will be the exception more than the norm . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Lacking a Bufkit point for DAW, I think MHT it a good proxy for you. Rips between 06-12z (probably close to 1"/hr), then lulls followed by lighter inverted trof snow the rest of the day.

Yea that's kinda what I'm worried about IMBY (dover). The heaviest comes on strong east winds; temps 33-34. That light stuff won't add up until evening, as BL takes time to cool. Wind is backing but diurnal max and lack of cold nearby. 

To be sure DAW is 10 miles to my NW, and it makes a *huge* difference in events like this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Meso's are really banging up here, I have not looked yet at anything but i'm assuming there's a CCB that gets going as well as maybe an IVT.

A little more CCB now, I think the trof is more Currier and Ives mood setting than anything else.

If you look at the 250 winds, the trailing jet streak it's a little less progressive today than it was yesterday or the day before, so the CCB gets going sooner.

I would really like to see an event with a DGZ below 500 mb though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

A little more CCB now, I think the trof is more Currier and Ives mood setting than anything else.

If you look at the 250 winds, the trailing jet streak it's a little less progressive today than it was yesterday or the day before, so the CCB gets going sooner.

Classic SWFE with the DGZ way up high. If only we actually had some nice low level arctic air then the baking powder would accumulate way easier. This year has been putrid for lowest levels. Even in events where 925 is like -5 or -6, I’ve had several times where it translates to 33F here when probably at least half the time or even more we’d be inverted and even colder at the sfc…not this season though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, Like around 700mb, I figured it had to be a CCB, Just looking briefly at the 12k Nam at the surface you could see it as the low is deepening just east of LI to ACK moving ENE it drops 6mb and was down to 988mb.