• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

I’m feeling better and better about this one. I kept waiting for it to go to shit but you have to respect the GFS I think and it’s QPF it’s been pretty high. I think it’s been spitting out 12 to 18 inches north of the Massachusetts border. Maybe we’re going to get the best of both worlds in terms of a strong primary push for a good thump and then sliding east, in time to form a proper coastal low for lots of snow for many.  Was thinking something along the lines of maybe 6 to 9 inches but I’m starting to think now that 8 to 12 is more likely with Lollis to 15.  Schnee Schnee!

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is clearly a Miller B take over, as opposed to confluence forced attennuation.

Guidance tried to do that at the last moment with the Tuesday deal and it was total BS.

Just now, wxsniss said:

Just catching up, noticed 12z/18z GFS close H7, nice CCB

Tough forecast for the margins, especially ~ pike south... 50 mile error is well within range

Yep.

That GFS CCB sig is crazy. It looks even better this run than 12z. I’m not buying into that yet but the persistence of that model has to be acknowledged. Esp since it’s one of the better models. We did see 18z reggie make a big nod toward it even if not quite all the way there. But the other guidance makes it hard to really buy into the idea. 

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I guess I don't see what this system likely sucking for you has to do with how much you end up with in March. I made it clear precip type issues would be prevalent across the southern half of the region due to MJO-7 WAR...IOW, I have my eggs in later baskets for region wide big snows.

Lord you are moody central today

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That GFS CCB sig is crazy. It looks even better this run than 12z. I’m not buying into that yet but the persistence of that model has to be acknowledged. Esp since it’s one of the better models. We did see 18z reggie make a big nod toward it even if not quite all the way there. But the other guidance makes it hard to really buy into the idea. 

I feel like its rushing that evolution. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I feel like its rushing that evolution. 

The track of the ULL in the Midwest is the real key. On the GFS it keeps it south of the southern MI border into western OH. On runs like the NAM, it’s tracking into the thumb of MI. That’s a pretty big difference of 100+ miles. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The track of the ULL in the Midwest is the real key. On the GFS it keeps it south of the southern MI border into western OH. On runs like the NAM, it’s tracking into the thumb of MI. That’s a pretty big difference of 100+ miles. 

You would think that discrepancy should become clearer soon.