• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

Some of what appear to be snow bands just about now moving into upper Manhattan appear to be increasing in areal coverage and intensity. The next 2-3 hours could feature 1-2"/hour snowfall rates at times leaving some locations with up to 6" or possibly even a bit more. I'm thinking North Shore LI, Coastal Ct. 

WX/PT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Winds are now northerly so that should keep areas with snow as mostly snow. The mix line seems to have stalled right over the south shore maybe trying to push back south a bit. Heavy precip is also coming in. Currently moderate snow big flakes here ..officially 2.1 here in the bx and counting.

Yea hopefully the rain/snow line pushes back south a bit before the inevitable north push. Also hope it stays heavy for the next few hours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

Some of what appear to be snow bands just about now moving into upper Manhattan appear to be increasing in areal coverage and intensity. The next 2-3 hours could feature 1-2"/hour snowfall rates at times leaving some locations with up to 6" or possibly even a bit more. I'm thinking North Shore LI, Coastal Ct. 

WX/PT

No kidding an hour ago i was at a inch..im over 2+ rn and ripping. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Lga and jfk both reporting mix. Bronx and Manhattan seem like snow for now. 

Dual pol says sleet may be trying to get into Manhattan. Brooklyn, SW Queens and Staten Island are sleet or rain. Also hugging the south shore of Nassau but I'd bet everything it's raining in Long Beach right now. 

Long Beach boardwalk just looks wet right now on webcams. What a joke. 

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Dual pol says sleet may be trying to get into Manhattan. Brooklyn, SW Queens and Staten Island are sleet or rain. Also hugging the south shore of Nassau but I'd bet everything it's raining in Long Beach right now. 

Long Beach boardwalk just looks wet right now on webcams. What a joke. 

It is windy snowy and cold up here..i can verify its all winter up in these parts of norwood. Currently snowing hard temps have actually dropped back to 32 from 34 earlier.

2 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Theres going to be a stripe from northern nj right across in to northern nyc east to the no shore of li ..5+ inches is pretty much looking like a lock. My location has 3.1 rn and ripping!!

I have a little over 3" eyeballing. Given what's to come I think we end over 5 and have a shot at 6. Large evergreen tree behind my back deck is sagging a little. 

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I’d say central part of midtown it’s about a 70-30 snow sleet split.  The VIS has largely been 1-2 miles as a result vs the 1/2 to 3/4 we’d normally have under these echoes  

Good thing the heavy echos are doing their thing and looks like the sleet line retreats a bit under them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I have a little over 3" eyeballing. Given what's to come I think we end over 5 and have a shot at 6. Large evergreen tree behind my back deck is sagging a little. 

Its crazy because brooklyn is wet and the bronx looks like a snowglobe rn..windy with heavy blowing snow currently. We blew past 3 inches already in most parts of the bx lower westchester county..some parts might even be at 4+ by now.

3 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

Its crazy because brooklyn is wet and the bronx looks like a snowglobe rn..windy with heavy blowing snow currently. We blew past 3 inches already in most parts of the bx lower westchester county..some parts might even be at 4+ by now.

Here it's just wet and looks like it's just been raining. Unbelievable. If I was still living there (I grew up there and got screwed many a time) missing out I'd be beyond pissed. Temp in Long Beach is 35.

Allegria Hotel Live Cam in Long Beach - Live Beaches

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

After the lull, we've had a decent rate of mostly sleet falling since about 10:45 pm, with about 0.2" sleet accumulation through 11:30 pm, bringing our total snow/sleet accumulation to 1.9".  Looks like the snow might be over as it's raining south of the Driscoll Bridge just about 5 miles SE from here, although if we get more intensity, it could flip back to snow as snow is only about 5 miles N of me, lol.  It's 34F. 

We've had a minor dendrite miracle, as it just flipped back to a snow/sleet mixture 10 minutes ago and we now have 0.3" of sleet/snow mix since the lull (luckily sleet doesn't melt or compact nearly as quickly as snow, so the 0.2" of sleet we had didn't budge over the last hour of mostly rain with some sleet), bringing our total snow/sleet accumulation to 2.0".  Not sure how much longer this will last, but it was a nice surprise.  

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Here it's just wet and looks like it's just been raining. Unbelievable. If I was still living there (I grew up there and got screwed many a time) missing out I'd be beyond pissed. Temp in Long Beach is 35.

Allegria Hotel Live Cam in Long Beach - Live Beaches

Cross the throggs neck bridge and you've hit a real snowstorm bud..just messing with ya.:lol:

The difference between jersey City and nyc is completely nuts to me. I left JC in a lull, roads were clear , came back and idk what happened...it's snow and whatever else, not completely snow...

But it's accumulating and for the first time in over a year.....it looks wintry. Love to see it