Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

According to HRRRR and NAM there will be another heavy pulse BUT the mix line moves north. Will see what happens.

In Central PA it looks like snow is crashing south in the heavy precip on the dual pol. It’ll be close especially for I-78 and the south shore, maybe up here and the rest of the city. Models do show the warm nose coming in around 6-7z. We’ll see. Hopefully the coastal low starts doing work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

That could quite possibly be more historic  than 2001-02 but I wasn't alive then lol.  Were you in Oceanside for 1997-98 and 2001-02 too?  How would you rank the three?  I guess I would toss 2011-12 in there too but we had over an inch in October so I keep that apart from the record low snowfall winters.

No I was at Lyndon state colleges by 1974 the University of WI from 78 to 8@ then Brooklyn ever since.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Metasequoia said:

A fourth flash and crack of thunder in BPC...and still not really sticking. Pretty sweet nonetheless.

I just checked outside, we have kids playing in the streets.  It's acually snowing hard enough that you don't have to look in the streetlights to see it and it's accumulating everywhere now, in the streets and driveways too, except it's slushy not white.  Solid snowcover on cartops and grass and rooftops of course.

1 minute ago, Mitchel Volk said:

No I was at Lyndon state colleges by 1974 the University of WI from 78 to 8@ then Brooklyn ever since.

Brooklyn is close enough though, do you think 1972-73 ranks right up there with 2001-02 and 1997-98 if you combine both warmth and low snowfall? I remember hearing there was a big ice storm that season.