Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

1 minute ago, TheManWithNoFace said:

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of lift the 2nd batch in CPA will have. I have a hunch our atmospheric regime sinks a bit south of 80, and we sleet or we graupel a bit towards midnight. Not sure there's enough "oomph" in batch 2 to get the higher range of the totals for CNJ and parts of NNJ.

energy you mean

I hate when people say "oomph"

4 minutes ago, TheManWithNoFace said:

I hate your refusal to use multiquote but maybe we should reserve our opinions of each other's habits for banter.

I just see so-called meteorologists say that on TV and then I neg them on Twitter and tell them they should talk more intelligently.

I dont really mind when you use it, but when people on TV use words like that it makes me wonder why they got those jobs.

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Too bad this isnt happening during the day, I can see the snow is pretty heavy in distant streetlights, but other than that I can't see anything.

I guess it's enough to know it's snowing without actually seeing it outside of looking at streetlights lol

Have you thought about just going outside??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Repeat of 97/98 really. This year will likely end up with more snow (CPK).

It's probably more like 01-02.

Some notes about 97-98, from what I've read from others who remember that year better, it was actually more than 0.5 in DJF but Central Park as usual didn't measure properly.  Both LGA and JFK were higher than 0.5 in 1997-98 for DJF.

This winter was probably more than 0.4 too, we had two measurable snowfalls, one in December and one in February, the total was probably closer to 0.6 to 0.8 between those two events.

This winter is more like 2001-02 anyway, a lot warmer than 1997-98 and almost as warm as 2001-02, which is the low benchmark winter of my lifetime.

In 1973 Oceanside LI had no snow measurable until mid March when there was a tons of thunderstorms with S+ at times got a couple of inches before the changeover to sleet and rain.  The snow started in the evening and by the time I woke it it was bare ground.  The only other snow that year was a brief snow flurry in February.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mitchel Volk said:

In 1973 Oceanside LI had no snow measurable until mid March when there was a tons of thunderstorms with S+ at times got a couple of inches before the changeover to sleet and rain.  The snow started in the evening and by the time I woke it it was bare ground.  The only other snow that year was a brief snow flurry in February.

That could quite possibly be more historic  than 2001-02 but I wasn't alive then lol.  Were you in Oceanside for 1997-98 and 2001-02 too?  How would you rank the three?  I guess I would toss 2011-12 in there too but we had over an inch in October so I keep that apart from the record low snowfall winters.