Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

Just now, tdp146 said:

36 with a dew point of 31 and wet bulb of 34. About as marginal as marginal gets at the moment. 

If you’re in Seaford hopefully you drop another couple degrees when the heavier snow gets in. That should enable it to stick at least on grass. Otherwise we’re seeing the issue the models picked up on-Long Beach is still 37-38 and will be lucky to get an inch most likely. Glad I’m not there for this. 

Temp here down to 33. 

7 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

Messy sleet. Coming down at a decent clip. The haptic rain sensor on my weatherflow is picking this up as heavy rain. 

I have that too, down side it doesn't detect snow at all. Mine was showing heavy rain too but it really was raining.

In the Bx Going back and forth between heavy sleet and rain. Some sleet coatings on cars but melting faster than it can pile up. 36*

I think some folks on LI who may be expecting 3-5" may get disappointed. It's just not cold enough and there's not enough vertical velocity with most of it being offshore or to our north and west. The s-se wind doesn't help either. This air can only cool so much and in order to pile up you need maximum intensity which I don't think is going to last long enough or steadily enough.

WX/PT

5 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

I think some folks on LI who may be expecting 3-5" may get disappointed. It's just not cold enough and there's not enough vertical velocity with most of it being offshore or to our north and west. The s-se wind doesn't help either. This air can only cool so much and in order to pile up you need maximum intensity which I don't think is going to last long enough or steadily enough.

WX/PT

Not much south of I-78 either. Way too warm. 

I think I'll be lucky to see an inch. On the plus side I just matched my light grassy dusting for the season 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If you’re in Seaford hopefully you drop another couple degrees when the heavier snow gets in. That should enable it to stick at least on grass. Otherwise we’re seeing the issue the models picked up on-Long Beach is still 37-38 and will be lucky to get an inch most likely. Glad I’m not there for this. 

Temp here down to 33. 

Scratching and clawing our way to enough sleet and mangled flakes to cover the grass for a few hours. Wouldn’t have it any other way in the winter of ‘23. 

• Sad 1