Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

23 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

38/23 for me which ain't bad. 

I'm in Somerset so it's very borderline here. Could end up with 1-2" while just 10-15 miles north sees 6+

Yeah it's such a close call for this area. Some models have the heavier northern NJ amounts just making it down into extreme northern Middlesex county. I am right near the edge of that. Could get 2 inches or 6 inches, as you said. I'm going with 2 to 3 right now, but would love to get the bigger amounts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wannabehippie said:

Got to get that wind to swing around. An ESE wind won't cut it for snow for LI/NYC.

Models don't really have a warm surface push coming in beyond maybe the very immediate coast since the ESE winds aren't especially strong and the water temps are about as cold as they get for the year. It'll be interesting to see how cold the south shore gets. Latest HRRR (admittedly might be a little too cold) has my backyard at 32-33 by 6z but Captree at 36. That'll make a big difference in terms of getting the snow to accumulate and keeping away any rain mix. Mid level warmth is a different story and we need the coastal low to take over as soon as possible so the mid level warm push stops and the surface winds veer to more ENE. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Hope you guys do well in and near the city...im rooting for you, it's been a rough season. The confidence in CT is significantly higher than NYC/LI/NNJ obviously but here's what we went with for the final call, this was yesterday. I could probably tweak it a bit but were rolling with it right now.

02_26.23_jdj_tri_state_snowfall_forecast_update.thumb.jpg.7d920b56f27bef9d1e2c2fe0a1af1800.jpg

Have you guys had a robust snow season?! :)

16 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Hope you guys do well in and near the city...im rooting for you, it's been a rough season. The confidence in CT is significantly higher than NYC/LI/NNJ obviously but here's what we went with for the final call, this was yesterday. I could probably tweak it a bit but were rolling with it right now.

02_26.23_jdj_tri_state_snowfall_forecast_update.thumb.jpg.7d920b56f27bef9d1e2c2fe0a1af1800.jpg

That checks out. It's funny how your perspective changes. 

In seasons like 09/10 & 10/11 these amounts would be scoffed at. Today they're a miracle