• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

BEST VIEWING TIME for NYC  (snow falling and accumulating) ............      For NYC this looks like a self-cleaning storm and nothing will be left.

Say 10pm-5am Tuesday night.

Really.     The Freezing Level barely goes below 300' and quickly scoots up to 1,000'+ Tuesday.

Pulled the snow blower out of the shed last night and gassed it up. Cannot believe it took until the end of February before I felt the need. Expecting a solid 6-8" storm up here in Central Rockland. Nice to have one of those classic, North and West of I-287 storms, however the cut off shouldn't be that sharp. Everyone should at least get a good burst tonight on the front end. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

BEST VIEWING TIME for NYC  (snow falling and accumulating) ............      For NYC this looks like a self-cleaning storm and nothing will be left.

Really.     The Freezing Level barely goes below 300' and quickly scoots up to 1,000'+ Tuesday.

6pm-midnight is the NYC metro snow window. After midnight midlevels have 50/50 chance of going to sleet/rain at least for southern areas. If we can get 2-4 inches by midnight anything on top is a bonus

23 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

I don’t think rain will wash away what falls at least away from the Rockaways. Might change to rain but 2 or 3” will stick around into tomorrow. 

Sitting this one out (at home at least), but super pumped you guys will be seeing respectable snow. Enjoy it after this horrific excuse of a winter. 

I’ll at least get to play for a bit in it working where I do west of NYC. Hoping we bust high but keeping expectations modest. 1-2” would be amazing after all of this crap.

Just hoping for one snow event making it down my ways, but I normally need a 1/29/22 type deal with a strong coastal with well entrenched cold air, something that’s been entirely absent this year. Hoping upcoming prospects might offer at least one table scrap but, as mentioned, can always enjoy what I can while at work. Certainly better than nothing!

cheers guys

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Looks like it flips to mix/rain for all of the metro area but the south shore is the only place that may have mixing issues during initial precip burst. 

It's also sunny and approaching 40 already so we could definitely start as rain. My concern is it takes a while to stick once it gets going

9 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

It's also sunny and approaching 40 already so we could definitely start as rain. My concern is it takes a while to stick once it gets going

That has no bearing on what will happen later.

Dews are quite low and this comes at night. Additionally you get secondary development which will help lock in low level cold. 

A rare positive bust could be in the cards imo. 

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That has no bearing on what will happen later.

Dews are quite low and this comes at night. Additionally you get secondary development which will help lock in low level cold. 

A rare positive bust could be in the cards imo. 

Well if it's 42 at 5pm it's going to be hard to start as snow even if it drops to 35 immediately.  I'm just saying we could lose a little bit at the start

1 minute ago, David-LI said:

New York schools closing tomorrow? Any chance of that? 

Doubt it. I think There’s gonna be a big difference in south shore Vs north shore of LI tho. Wouldn’t be surprised if north of lie gets 4-5” maybe more