• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
02/25 Light Snow Chance Disco/Obs

NorthArlington101

Idk, I'm not very impressed at the radar right now.  Nice clear sunrise though :rolleyes:

Satellite is choppy, too. Downsloping effects can mess these little systems up sometimes. That was always in the back of my head with this type of setup where there’s barely a surface feature. Gonna need to be in one those bands that survives those limiting factors. TBD

19 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Satellite is choppy, too. Downsloping effects can mess these little systems up sometimes. That was always in the back of my head with this type of setup where there’s barely a surface feature. Gonna need to be in one those bands that survives those limiting factors. TBD

I actually thought klwx was down or something when I looked at the radar because there was nothing.   Nope, just another winter fail.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't worry - it will backfill a bit as the upper level solar support and added dynamics come through. 

Yea this seems mostly at the 700 layer. I’m assuming pretty much all from waa/overrunning. Not a lot of lift associated with this. The ones who get paid to do this can correct me.

I can picture the radar being showery/elevation dependent with a little less downsloping impacts further east. That’s usually how these systems roll through. We’ll see around midday lol.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Pal in Harrisonburg said it was rain too, which is surprising.

LWX seems to have nailed that part of the forecast with better cad further east I guess.  We just can't get a high pressure to lock in this winter, so we're left with snow showers and a southerly wind component lol.  It is what it is at this point.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic