Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well said Jerry, I named the wrong town 

Haha, he subverted your own joke. That was well-played. 

18z gfs is going nuts tomorrow midday/afternoon. Really interested to see how that plays out in the 128 to 495 belt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z gfs is going nuts tomorrow midday/afternoon. Really interested to see how that plays out in the 128 to 495 belt. 

This one has really trended nicely in the final hours before onset. Hopefully we can all produce nicely tomorrow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Any chance the ORH hills could get 10”?
My thoughts are a general 6-8” in my hood unless some of that moisture gets sent back this far.   

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

18z GFS as others have said...

No longer just a blip on a few mesos... GFS also a tick colder in latter part of storm, BL temps will be critical for eastern areas

image.png.c12906a467c41c927977a4c7b8091ba9.png

I think there may be a bit of an oversell on the BL warming potential ... suspect maybe at Logan itself, but the west side of the city...draw a line down to NE RI and I don't have as much issue E of that imaginary line...   West of there probably has more NNE or NE, and this cold is loaded enough clear up that it's not going anywhere if you ask me

- which you didn't.. just sayn'

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think there may be a bit of an oversell on the BL warming potential ... suspect maybe at Logan itself, but the west side of the city...draw a line down to NE RI and I don't have as much issue E of that imaginary line...   West of there probably has more NNE or NE, and this cold is loaded enough clear up that it's not going anywhere if you ask me

Let's hope so. Will be a nowcast.

With guidance trends at 18z, BL temps seem to be the main reason we don't have more widespread WSW east of ORH.

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah agree. You go up 200' towards Hyde Park and West Roxbury etc..will be a better chance for stickage after 11a or so compared to the waterfront for sure.

8 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Let's hope so. Will be a nowcast.

With guidance trends at 18z, BL temps seem to be the main reason we don't have more widespread WSW east of ORH.

I’d think BOX would extend warnings east to the coast if all the 0z guidance continues the 18z theme. That won’t happen until the 4am packages obviously. 
Need to keep the heavy rates going for it to be reality as @CoastalWx said