Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Thanks George. You effed us again. 

...  all in good fun but still... I don't know if I'm ready to throw "Ralph Phillips" under the bus for a combination of La Nina, global climate change, and denial entirely.   Maybe just shove 'im in front and see if he dives out of the way in time

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

What the hell….. you are always hyping up warmth like Torch Tiger, and your forecasts are often horribly wrong. Even when they are right, they are right for the wrong reasons (saw a lot of that this year). If you actually like snow, that’s sad. If you actually believe the shit you post this hobby must make you miserable. There are some posters who have been negative about this winter in the east (Allsnow, Pope, Raindance, etc) but they actually have sound reasoning behind why they believed this winter would suck, and they have called for big snow in the past. You just always forecast warmth, and got lucky this year. If you love snow I have no idea what your endgame is here.

can you 2 weenies take your passive aggressive trolling of each other to PMs, or to the banter thread please. some of us are trying to find a model that is going to give us some snow and don't have time for your BS. TIA

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

...  all in good fun but still... I don't know if I'm ready to throw "Ralph Phillips" under the bus for a combination of La Nina, global climate change, and denial entirely.   Maybe just shove 'im in front and see if he dives out of the way in time

We'll see what the EPS says, but the EPS has been further south too. Verbatim there may be decent mid level goodies near the pike and just south...but who knows.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The interesting part was the euro maintained a decent looking shortwave. When I frost saw the posts, I was half expecting it to be really sheared. But it mostly was just shunted south a bit rather than getting shredded. 

Yes. Take it north and it would have been fun, but it zoomed out like due east. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yes. Take it north and it would have been fun, but it zoomed out like due east. 

Yeah I’m not super dismayed about it at the moment. If we keep ticking it south then it will be a concern. But honestly, we were getting a lot of north shifts yesterday so seeing a southerly solution isn’t the worst…especially when the shortwave is still pretty vigorous. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m not super dismayed about it at the moment. If we keep ticking it south then it will be a concern. But honestly, we were getting a lot of north shifts yesterday so seeing a southerly solution isn’t the worst…especially when the shortwave is still pretty vigorous. 

I'll take my chances with this look. I like to see it moving south instead of further north. Encouraging actually. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalcottWx said:

I totally disagree in this terrible winter people should be happy we're getting plowable snow, don't know what to tell you on this one. We had a few runs go bezerk over 130+ hours out. There should be no investment in a model outcome at that time frame. It was never a completely viable outcome. It showed a historic blizzard at far too early a time frame, not sure how it can be a disappointment. 

40" was viable, albeit veryunlikely. 20" was even more viable if the NAO wasn't misdiagnosed inside of 4 days. I'm sorry...calling weather enthusiasts expressing dissapointment over that missed opportunity "stupid "implies you are probably the one that needs a break.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

40" was viable, albeit veryunlikely. 20" was even more viable if the NAO wasn't misdiagnosed inside of 4 days. I'm sorry...calling weather enthusiasts expressing dissapointment over that missed opportunity "stupid "implies you are probably the one that needs a break.

No one is stupid. I am saying it is stupid to be enthralled by a single euro run at that range. It was ultimately still in clown range. If that's the case, there shouldn't have been what seems to be a needlessly emotional investment over 100+ hours out. Those runs should have been taken with a grain of salt. Hard to be disappointed if that's the case IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1