• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Man this is a pretty scary environment in western Tennessee tomorrow. A bit of a veer-back-veer going on but if that instability is realized with this shear it's going to be ugly. I guess thankfully mode looks predominately QLCS, but any supercells out ahead of the line or rooted within the QLCS. I wouldn't be shocked to see increased tornado probs a bit farther north into KY up to IL border

image.thumb.png.4a35b8058dd8b8e2c719048607807214.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, forkyfork said:

"march is a winter month!"

it used to be a winter month <3 

Washington, D.C.

1872-1900: 50.2F

2010-2022: 57.6F (+7.4F)

New York, New York

1869-1900: 43.4F

2010-2022: 51.0F (+7.6F)

Boston, Massachusetts

1872-1900: 42.0F

2010-2022: 46.9F (+4.9F)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1874-1900: 47.2F

2010-2022: 53.8F (+6.6F)

an average march in nyc today is warmer than what dc used to average. an average philadelphia march back then is about the same as what boston averages now. that's insane 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kdxken said:

Anyone going to Fenway would probably wear a sweater.

Batting gloves with (faux) fur lining?

Slept thru the CF but 0.7" meets my definition of SNSQ.  Had to have finished with big flakes given the mottled snow surface.  Only 0.03" LE and windy so what doesn't melt will sublimate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

this is a wx board, right? don't you find these changes interesting? 

not really. I like weather…not climate. I don’t care about snowball earth, the jurassic period, or little ice age. 

But it’s a shame how much we’re trashing all facets of the planet. I’m always in favor of cleaning it up and letting the climate change in its own natural way. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

not really. I like weather…not climate. I don’t care about snowball earth, the jurassic period, or little ice age. 

But it’s a shame how much we’re trashing all facets of the planet. I’m always in favor of cleaning it up and letting the climate change in its own natural way. 

Greta is going to be upset by this.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I can already feel the bee sting of hitting one off the end of the bat on a day like today.

little league trauma:  6 hour practices in early April with my hardass LL coach throwing gas during BP (like 70+) with pellets falling from the sky and temps in the mid 30's. 

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Greta is going to be upset by this.

Why? I’m not a denier. I probably care as much as she does…just in an indirect way. I just don’t worry about the number. We could have the same temps as 200 years ago and I’d still want to see changes to clean up the planet. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1