Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

4 hours ago, 512high said:

So Tip!  I was going to take advantage of todays sun and remove most snow equipment....should I hold off for today? Not sure if this would be elevation stuff and just do nothing in Nashua....

This is elevation event where you need more than 1k . S VT at 2k looks solid . Nashua ..no . Looks like a 42 degree rain ending as a 36 f rain with a slushy inch possible above  800’ or so 15 miles to our west 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, 512high said:

Home Davis hit 57/ clouds creeping in, last traces of snow in the shade will be gone in hours or over night. I can't believe April begins on Saturday, for me winter kinda dragged and sucked, I will say , looking forward to saving on heat, and electric bills.

oh you're going to save on heat....A/C an entirely different animal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

oh you're going to save on heat....A/C an entirely different animal

Point taken! Since last November Eversource is brutal in NH for electric in fact , I think NH is one of the country's most expensive when its comes to electric, they recently went in front of the PUC looking for a small increase.....again. But yes A/C to combat swamp ass I will pay......

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am really hoping Saturday's warm sector doesn't turn out to be that dirty. I'm hoping to be able to watch the Bruins game outside and clean up dog poop. There is several months worth of dog poop in the yard. It's like walking across a field of land mines. 

Ive been doing it every weekend, it's my Sunday chore.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I am really hoping Saturday's warm sector doesn't turn out to be that dirty. I'm hoping to be able to watch the Bruins game outside and clean up dog poop. There is several months worth of dog poop in the yard. It's like walking across a field of land mines. 

don't eat the white dog shit

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

58 minutes ago, 512high said:

Point taken! Since last November Eversource is brutal in NH for electric in fact , I think NH is one of the country's most expensive when its comes to electric, they recently went in front of the PUC looking for a small increase.....again. But yes A/C to combat swamp ass I will pay......

Yeah Neversource is pricey, had them in Bedford and Hudson.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Rain

Spring always sucks in SNE.  At least nearish to the coast. I was just reading my wood yard forefather's diary from 1806. 

May 19th :

"Very warm mercury at 90 ; higher than it has been since 13th of august last"

May 20th:

"yesterday the heat was oppressive, today the wind has blown from the NE & a fire has been necessary to prevent the numbing effects of the cold"

post.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Spring always sucks in SNE.  At least nearish to the coast. I was just reading my wood yard forefather's diary from 1806. 

May 19th :

May 20th:

"yesterday the heat was oppressive, today the wind has blown from the NE & a fire has been necessary to prevent the numbing effects of the cold"

post.jpg

The classic torch to backdoor. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kdxken said:

May 19th :

May 20th:

post.jpg

That's a pretty cool historical piece.  What is the story behind that?  Does your property have a history of wood harvesting? 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That's a pretty cool historical piece.  What is the story behind that?  Does your property have a history of wood harvesting? 

Farming mostly. House was built in 1722. Wood was hard to come by in the 1800s as it was all used for buildings, ships or fuel. I do have a map of the property from the late 1700s and there was a section of the acreage set aside as a "wood lot".

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kdxken said:

May 19th :

May 20th:

post.jpg

Cool piece, and cool that's it not all houses now. Hopefully you made a copy to keep the original mint.

Any entries in there about how early in the season they did their installs and lesco?  

• Haha 3