Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

37 minutes ago, greenmtnwx said:

Off topic but with the discussion of places to live, any thoughts, opinions, recommendations on future retirement places (maybe not full year but part year)? Lake Placid region, Stowe area, Mad River, New Hampshire lakes or Whites region? 

Funny I had a conversation with a client this week in NJ that had bought a very expensive home in CO as a second home and to visit their daughter that’s been living out there years. After owning a couple years now they are selling because they’re daughter and her family want to move east again to New England.

They got tired of poor air quality, wildfires, no water, no water for recreation, Californians moving into the area in droves. So looking back north east. 

I moved from Metro Boston to my small 1000 person town of Bridgewater NH 20 years ago.  It's in Central NH on Newfound Lake.  Area is in the foothills of the Whites.  10 miles off of Rt 93 so quick trip to Boston which is 100 miles south.  85" of snow.  No crime to speak off.  One traffic light within 10 miles.  We have one police officer.  House prices have increased but no sales tax and in comparison things are cheap here.  We don't lock our house and keep keys in the car. ( no funny ideas, my weathercams will catch you!) Everyone knows everyone so a very strong sense of community.  With global warming NNE will be the go to place in 50 years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

GFS amped for Monday evening and night but torched at the surface 

As I mentioned…it finds every way not to produce anything. It’s utterly incredible.  Gotta be a record(obviously because it’s the worst season in history here I’d imagine) in its own right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

As I mentioned…it finds every way not to produce anything. It’s utterly incredible.  Gotta be a record(obviously because it’s the worst season in history here I’d imagine) in its own right. 

EL Nino should be better unless it's congrats D.C

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not for everyone ;)

Your area was due for a localized jackpot relative to climo. It had been a while. Prob have to go back to a year like 2000-01. I guess you had a localized “jackpot” in 2019-20 too but everyone was BN that winter for snow. 

I was mentioning to that poster who moved to Clinton from ORH how many years recently that ORH had been getting a LOT more snow than places like FIT/Leominster/Clinton/Lancaster even though ORH probably barely averages more than them. This year was finally trying to even that out some and of course your area to Gardner/Princeton/Ashburnham cleaned up even more. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

8-12" in the county tonight?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Sporting Club In Sinclair is going to try and break the world record for an ice carousel on Saturday April 1st. With all the snow and wintry vibe this upcoming week, that should be a fun time up there. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Your area was due for a localized jackpot relative to climo. It had been a while. Prob have to go back to a year like 2000-01. I guess you had a localized “jackpot” in 2019-20 too but everyone was BN that winter for snow. 

I was mentioning to that poster who moved to Clinton from ORH how many years recently that ORH had been getting a LOT more snow than places like FIT/Leominster/Clinton/Lancaster even though ORH probably barely averages more than them. This year was finally trying to even that out some and of course your area to Gardner/Princeton/Ashburnham cleaned up even more. 

Above normal snowfall. One huge event at the end  Above avg temps.     Weird season.   Not my ideal one but I won’t meh it.  Especially when everyone else in SNE was royally porked.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sporting Club In Sinclair is going to try and break the world record for an ice carousel on Saturday April 1st. With all the snow and wintry vibe this upcoming week, that should be a fun time up there. 

How do they get those to spin.  The current record is like 1200’ in diameter. Sweet

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes sir!!  On top of the 6+ they just got Thursday and Thursday night. Heading up for one last hurrah early Thursday.  Think we might hit it right. 

Up here, late March is a sure thing every year. Mid-April is the finish here. Late April up the NW Allagash. i'm talkin off trail.

• Like 1