Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I want Dave to pull another near 30.  That should mute mehing for a bit…right Dave?

I think I'm good with flipping to spring and warmth right now.     This time of year it torches away pretty quickly, but it has taken a while for it to melt out completely.  Pretty gross out there this morning...    If it snows it snows... but I think I am mostly done

15 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh. That. Heh 

I had every news organization in New England knocking on my door when that train skipped the rail and sent its cargo down the ravine not more than 200 feet outside my front door. Sorry I didn’t have time to put my face on ha ha ha should’ve been wearing a baseball cap.

I still don't understand how it just "fell over".  Wasn't even moving and just went bloop...

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Let’s just make this happen instead:

image.thumb.png.29d9ecc16ff0f4ec9f178b520c28f7a5.png

Frankly ... despite all long range twaddle at that range, and definitely wrt what we've dealt with over the past 6 months at even shorter ranges of 6 f'n days...  that has more plausibility in my mind.  Particularly when indexing -

I mentioned yesterday a warm up that exceeds climo has some signature in April. 

the now cast on the MJO is proving the RMM guidance is too eager to kill the wave momentum, which appears it may be destined to the Marine continent... with residual Nina momentum not yet washed out of the hemisphere... that's starting to sniff out a constructive interference there.  We'll see.  Wouldn't be surprised if that range starts emerging as a warm burst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Probably had it stuffed and imbalanced. 

Yeah been snooping around the hard hats from CSX. They're saying what we knew as neighbors going back years, "...That camp rail shouldn't have been used."  He adds, "... but don't quote me"

I can tell you as an eye witness, that track, when looking lengthwise down it - particularly on sunny hot summer days - the iron segments were bowing some. Not only that, it's on a turn, so they pitched the lay originally ...

... 50 years ago :/   ...by a couple itches by design, but the hard hat said it looked to him like that had 'improved' to a 7 inch draft.

The CSX guy was nodding when I told him about the bent rail lengths, saying, "Yeah that warp is known as sun kink" ...  We went on to mentioned Texas.  But then I told him that even in the winter that rail was still warped looking, though.   To which he nodded some more. 

By noon today ( this all happened 24 hours ago...) they had already removed that segment of the track completely down to the ties.  Right? remove the evidence   :/    

Those blue cargo containers are garbage scows, btw.  They began parking that train there habitually a couple years ago during the pandemic, ...sometimes for a couple of days at a time before moving them out to the Albany yards - after which they go on to some outfit in Ohio. That train was scheduled as a double haul, so the Intermodal was coupled, and it was a big fuck ...probably a half mile of train - it sat there overnight.   

No one in my neighborhood is altogether disappointed this track failure too place. Because imagine iron boxed pack full of scunge garbage baking in the summer sun... 94 f'um degree on July 1st, and CSK was taking advantage of the Ayer provincial neighborhood that are astride those rails.  There was complaints to the town for two years since this practice started, and nothing's been done to stop them from parking fetid logistics right outside our f'ing doors ...while CSX makes lots of money no doubt.

That's a hugely active line that cuts through Ayer.  The two main center tracks bring the Purple Line commuter rail once per hour or two.  Then, every so ofter, some 4 engine beast with clanging iron and house shaking weight rumbles by.   Those two side rails are being used by the CSX in management with the center rails, like a switch yard.  The old timers in the neighborhood say it was never designed that way. Those camp rails were just access points for local businesses, back when rail was a bigger part of shipping some ... you know, 90 years or whatever ago.  But they were recently started being used and the whole thing stinks to high heaven as typical corporate captains seeing an opportunity to start making money without overhead' .  It'll be investigated...

• Like 5

Home Davis just hit 50, funny little story (off topic a bit) , this couple a few houses down, sold their home, they are getting married in October at some farm up in Maine or a barn wedding? Anyways she hates snow & cold weather, he loves it. She works remotely for Bank of America, he is a carpenter ,self employed. They wanted more room, he wants a big workshop etc.

They were looking in Amherst, NH, but no luck, so some how he found a beautiful home in Ashburnham, MA , I said what? Lauren I thought you hate snow? He looked at me like "shut your mouth" lol, she sent my wife some pictures yesterday, and shit the pack they still have !

As I shook his hand good bye, he laughed and said I am at an elevation of 1,030 ft. according to my apple compass on my iPhone , he explained to Lauren ,this past winter was a fluke, they normally see little snow. LOL, will see if the marriage makes it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

Home Davis just hit 50, funny little story (off topic a bit) , this couple a few houses down, sold their home, they are getting married in October at some farm up in Maine or a barn wedding? Anyways she hates snow & cold weather, he love it. She works remotely for Bank of America, he is a carpenter ,self employed. They wanted more room, he wants a big workshop etc.

They were looking in Amherst, NH, but no luck, so some how he found a beautiful home in Ashburnham, MA , I said what? Lauren I thought you hate snow? He looked at me like "shut your mouth" lol, she sent my wife some pictures yesterday, and shit the pack they still have !

As I shook his hand good bye, he laughed and said I am at an elevation of 1,030 ft. according to my apple compass on my iPhone , he explained to Lauren ,this past winter was a fluke, they normally see little snow. LOL, will see if the marriage makes it!

no worries... with the crossing of the invisible climate denial threshold... it's never going to snow again S of RUT-CON-PWM

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, 512high said:

Home Davis just hit 50, funny little story (off topic a bit) , this couple a few houses down, sold their home, they are getting married in October at some farm up in Maine or a barn wedding? Anyways she hates snow & cold weather, he love it. She works remotely for Bank of America, he is a carpenter ,self employed. They wanted more room, he wants a big workshop etc.

Good story , too bad Jay didn’t hear it before he move to the valley . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, 512high said:

Home Davis just hit 50, funny little story (off topic a bit) , this couple a few houses down, sold their home, they are getting married in October at some farm up in Maine or a barn wedding? Anyways she hates snow & cold weather, he loves it. She works remotely for Bank of America, he is a carpenter ,self employed. They wanted more room, he wants a big workshop etc.

Ha…that is literally probably the snowiest town in Massachusetts east of the Berkshires. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Weenies need to find their  man pants and move where they want (Assuming schools / jobs / commutes are acceptable )I mean if snow is your passion .

It’s like ..do these people hate snow but love 34F rain . It’s not like the option is to live somewhere snowy or a tropical paradise . Say there is too much ice in the valley as it traps cold air and that’s dangerous or whatever needs to be said 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Weenies need to find their  man pants and move where they want (Assuming schools / jobs / commutes are acceptable )I mean if snow is your passion .

It’s like ..do these people hate snow but love 34F rain . It’s not like the option is to live somewhere snowy or a tropical paradise . Say there is too much ice in the valley as it traps cold air and that’s dangerous or whatever needs to be said 

I think the problem is the snowy locals in the Northeast (100”+ annually) are just too desolate. So living the city or suburban life with 50-75” annually is just fine for most away from them shore even though we have to get endure the occasional ratter. 

21 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ha…that is literally probably the snowiest town in Massachusetts east of the Berkshires. :lol:

Yup! I think he hoaxed her into it, lol, she was walking her dog,  last month while my wife and I were walking ours, and she mentioned how much she hates snow.......I can't believe in front of me he told her this year was a fluke ...too funny

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

A lot of these snowy places (hi…my town) are not great at the other pleasantries of life….  But plenty of snow most years

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You’re not married and no kids . So you really cannot say that . It changes everything. If you want a family , generally you can’t move and live in remote snowy locations and earn a great living . If you are single, like Dilfs and Milfs .. and don’t want a family you can

• Like 2
  • Confused 1