Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

I'd take another 4/28-29 snowfall.  ORH got 17", biggest of that snow season.  The flood peaked on 4/1 or 4/2, depending on where on the river.

Katadhin with 54"

Undoubtedly at Chimney Pond - the ridge 2,200' higher would never hold that much; its wind probably isn't all that much less than at MWN.  In 2017 the depth at Chimney reached 94", tallest in Maine records.

Tamarack has the data. He is the Will of Maine.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

I see a lot of 60s down in SNE.

Not here. 32f w/ 2" on the way. 18f by morning. Still a ton of snow and more on the way!

mar2123.jpg

Heading up to Cross lake/St Agatha a week from tomorrow…hoping for some decent late season riding. Temps and weather are looking to cooperate at the moment. Hope they’re still grooming next week. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Heading up to Cross lake/St Agatha a week from tomorrow…hoping for some decent late season riding. Temps and weather are looking to cooperate at the moment. Hope they’re still grooming next week. 

Dunno about grooming a week from now but wx pattern looks good for groomable cold.

As always at this time of year ride Caribou north. The lakes will still be good no matter.

This is the time of season for off trail. Go explore the logging roads and fields that are bigger than Connecticut... well, Rhode Island.

Ok, bigger than Hartford. 

ITS 88 across river from me- still good and my river crossing still good but hearing no sleds on it since yestiddy. I bet it's scratched out at Rt 1 crossing by the mall.

STAY OUT OF TOWNS.

3 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

Dunno about grooming a week from now but wx pattern looks good for groomable cold.

As always at this time of year ride Caribou north. The lakes will still be good no matter.

This is the time of season for off trail. Go explore the logging roads and fields that are bigger than Connecticut... well, Rhode Island.

ITS 88 across river from me- still good and my river crossing still good but hearing no sleds on it since yestiddy. I but it's scratched out at Rt 1 crossing by the mall.

STAY OUT OF TOWNS.

More snow coming will cover up the scratched out areas near towns for a bit…so we’ll take it what we can get. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

More snow coming will cover up the scratched out areas near towns for a bit…so we’ll take it what we can get. 

Even after grooming is down the trails get smoother and smoother every day as the melt settles and firms again with the night freeze. Sleep in then go out as the surface re-softens and TEAR IT UP.

Spring riding is the smoothest of all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

ITS 88 across river from me- still good and my river crossing still good but hearing no sleds on it since yestiddy. I but it's scratched out at Rt 1 crossing by the mall.

STAY OUT OF TOWNS.

My sled is up in St Agatha, so I have to go up no matter what to get it.  So just hoping I time it right with some snow and some colder weather…?  

You wont regret the ride up. No one ever does!!

Even if we went full melt there's so much to go and the big lakes last till mid April easy if the trails run out.

But that's all academic as we are going to get buried over the next week with good solid cold locking up every night. 

You timed it good.

45 minutes ago, gonegalt said:

You wont regret the ride up. No one ever does!!

Even if we went full melt there's so much to go and the big lakes last till mid April easy if the trails run out.

But that's all academic as we are going to get buried over the next week with good solid cold locking up every night. 

You timed it good.

This sounds great!!

Oh ya for sure…great area. Been going up there for almost 30 yrs…very familiar with N. Aroostook. love it! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Eustis, My buddy is on his way back from FL bringing a vehicle back so waiting to hear from him, Probably Fri-Sunday.

Oh ok…I hear ya.

I’m waiting on a few parts from BRP, was notified today by BRP and dealer they will be shipped tomorrow to The Doo dealer in Fort Kent, and my sled should be ready early next week.  So we’re both waiting on something lol. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh ok…I hear ya.

I’m waiting on a few parts from BRP, was notified today by BRP and dealer they will be shipped tomorrow to The Doo dealer in Fort Kent, and my sled should be ready early next week.  So we’re both waiting on something lol. 

Fort Kent Skidoo? What are you waiting on for parts?

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Sounds like you had an incident? No?

Went to turn around(u turn) and didn’t realize it dropped off under the deep snow, just off the edge of trail so quick, and I hit a stump.  Not serious…but I needed to get if fixed. If they had the parts in stock I could have done it myself..all bolt on parts. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Went to turn around(u turn) and didn’t realize it dropped off under the deep snow, just off the edge of trail so quick, and I hit a stump.  Not serious…but I needed to get if fixed. If they had the parts in stock I could have done it myself..all bolt on parts. 

It happens, Not in your situation, But I'm familiar with issues with upper and lower A-arms riding in low snow or base conditions in early season.

• Like 3