Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

20 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I learned that a winter of 32.5-33.5 F snow And putrid 925’s doesn’t accumulate well on the CP the majority of times , even if every clown map shows it inside 48 hours . Most times it doesn’t work out , sure there are exceptions . Just I wont forecast counting on them  , even when the weenie hoopla reaches a fever pitch as the clown maps roll in one after another and everyone cries when you forecast lower .

Normally one or two storms you deal with it. Not the entire winter season. 

16 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

What about Uconn players livin' it up too much in Vegas prior to game time this week? 
Number of Uconn starters puking all night after an evening of debauchery at the Crazy Horse ...Over/ Under = 3 

I’m quite sure Hurley keeping a tight rein on them . You don’t often get to this point in tourney and certainly can’t risk it. If they win Thursday night.. maybe he lets them out for a bit. 

• Like 1

Cold rains. This -NAO is not gonna produce for the vast majority with the pacific as bad as it is. 

The snowpack in far interior NNE, Maine and SE canada, just reinforces the blocking in the east, and precludes warm sectors for the rest of us down to the Northern Mid Atlantic.

Oof. 

Weather that makes you wanna move. 

16 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Cold rains. This -NAO is not gonna produce for the vast majority with the pacific as bad as it is. 

The snowpack in far interior NNE, Maine and SE canada, just reinforces the blocking in the east, and precludes warm sectors for the rest of us down to the Northern Mid Atlantic.

Oof. 

Weather that makes you wanna move. 

I think people are finally done taking the cheese this season.

I know I am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I learned that a winter of 32.5-33.5 F snow And putrid 925’s doesn’t accumulate well on the CP the majority of times , even if every clown map shows it inside 48 hours . Most times it doesn’t work out , sure there are exceptions . Just I wont forecast counting on them  , even when the weenie hoopla reaches a fever pitch as the clown maps roll in one after another and everyone cries when you forecast lower .

Especially when you have marginal surface temps and anything less than SN+ falling during daylight with a late March sun angle. During the last storm we had light/moderate snow for nearly 12 hours and barely accumulated 3" - and that was gone by the next afternoon.

1 minute ago, PWMan said:

Especially when you have marginal surface temps and anything less than SN+ falling during daylight with a late March sun angle. During the last storm we had light/moderate snow for nearly 12 hours and barely accumulated 3" - and that was gone by the next afternoon.

Yeah, the rates weren't quite heavy enough to overcome the sun on that one.  GYX AFD was saying this will one on Saturday will be more efficient as most of the precip is falling overnight, fwiw.  

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I sickly hope NNE gets buried and then we await late April 87 redux. Tamarack knows what I mean.

I hated those floods.    The Merrimack was a disaster in Lowell.  I lived pretty far off campus and mostly walked to my classes.  The flooding added a significant amount of extra miles for a bit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I hated those floods.    The Merrimack was a disaster in Lowell.  I lived pretty far off campus and mostly walked to my classes.  The flooding added a significant amount of extra miles for a bit

I was at UML for the May 2006 floods...those were bad, too.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Oh, in that case, its exciting...let me jump under the desk and pleasure myself.

Point is spring “threats” rarely pan out unless you have altitude and latitude. Not much of those where people live in SNE.    I still might get some stat padders but overall it is on to mud and bugs

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Point is spring “threats” rarely pan out unless you have altitude and latitude. Not much of those where people live in SNE.    I still might get some stat padders but overall it is on to mud and bugs

I get that, but my point is that we couldn't pull it off all winter, so its more unlikely than "climo" to do it this year. Its going to result in shitty weather and fraudulent clown maps.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I get that, but my point is that we couldn't pull it off all winter, so its more unlikely than "climo" to do it this year. Its going to result in shitty weather and fraudulent clown maps.

Imagine he gets to 100” and I’m in top 2 or 3 ratters here. :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Imagine he gets to 100” and I’m in top 2 or 3 ratters here. :lol: 

Isn't mother nature a witch....this is how the regression gods are repaying me. Not with a great winter jackpot...no, I get to have 40" while you are rolling snake eyes. Yaaaay...you get the shiny new coat hanger for your abortion of a winter...scooter gets the rusty one.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Isn't mother nature a witch....this is how the regression gods are repaying me. Not with a great winter jackpot...no, I get to have 40" while you are rolling snake eyes. Yaaaay...you get the shiny new coat hanger for your abortion of a winter...scooter gets the rusty one.

Oh I’ve been punished for sure. Unfortunately probably due for more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure we have had a winter that has hosed you...I mean, poor SOB, you only get 110" in 2015?

Its physically impossible for you to get hosed.

2015-2016 was a big hose. 36” or so. 2011-2012. 44” but 24” was in October.  

it happens.   I wonder if this area has ever gotten truly porked.  Like less than 15-20” for a season.