Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure its anger, but rather indifference.

I was only joking too. I’d be totally done with seeing more storms with a rain/snow line near the Mass border.

Completely understand SNE attitudes right now.

To be honest I wouldn’t mind spring either but go back to the wise ORH/Will mantra of if it’s going to be chilly and precipitate, might as well root for snow.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's definitely not a warm pattern going forward overall. Some days here and there like tomorrow and Thursday. I get some of the excitement.  But man, I'm just mentally drained from this winter. 

That's me. I will admit that I haven't really looked and am speaking from a biased perspective, but I just find it hard to believe that we are going to come across enough cold for a major snow at the end of March when we haven't been able to do so all winter. I felt like our best shot was last week....

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That's me. I will admit that I haven't really looked and am speaking from a biased perspective, but I just find it hard to believe that we are going to come across enough cold for a major snow at the end of March when we haven't been able to do so all winter. I felt like our best shot was last week....

Agreed...it's not warm by any means, but certainly nothing cold enough to generate enough excitement for snow chances outside of northern New England or the high terrain. Hell, I could see portions of northern England with some accumulating snow chances into May. It's not that uncommon up north. I'm hoping some some quiet weather these upcoming months with an inactive tropical season :lol: 

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Agreed...it's not warm by any means, but certainly nothing cold enough to generate enough excitement for snow chances outside of northern New England or the high terrain. Hell, I could see portions of northern England with some accumulating snow chances into May. It's not that uncommon up north. I'm hoping some some quiet weather these upcoming months with an inactive tropical season :lol: 

No, I agree the pattern isn't pleasant and will be cold....this season will end the same way it began and carried on.....useless. This winter is like an older brother that has you in a head-lock giving one incessant "noogie", and just won't let you out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

06z EPS is pretty coldfor 3/25-26....gets decent snow down into pike region.

I personally think the 3/27-28 system looks a little better for trying to get snow, but can't rule out the front-runner. The front-runner will probably be pretty snowy for NNE.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

0z Euro and GFS are close to warning snows for he and I  

Lol ya can’t trust those models anymore a day out(heck even 12 hrs out is precarious), let alone 5 days out. Bu I know you’re just saying what that/those runs showed.  You guys will have more snow for sure. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol ya can’t trust those models anymore a day out(heck even 12 hrs out is precarious), let alone 5 days out. Bu I know you’re just saying what that/those runs showed.  You guys will have more snow for sure. 

I'm definitely not banking onanything, especially this far out.     I don't think I am done yet (although I wouldn't mind flipping to warm and dry for a bit)

• Like 1

06z EPS is pretty coldfor 3/25-26....gets decent snow down into pike region.
I personally think the 3/27-28 system looks a little better for trying to get snow, but can't rule out the front-runner. The front-runner will probably be pretty snowy for NNE.

That 27/28 system could be interesting if it gets stuck under that little mini block that forms. 6z eps trended stronger with the wave out west at 144. 6z GFS/00z Canadian def blew it up. Could be a mirage though we’ll see