SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Not yet

Ensembles are further south

It will come way north imo, the trough goes back out west and the blocking is too weak.  It’s possible things break right but I would much rather have a good pacific and bad Atlantic than what we have now. Blocking helps but the pacific is a lot more important. I’m ready to move on to spring, hopefully we get a west based moderate or weaker nino next year.

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh you will melt quickly 

That's the plus about March snow. 

And I hate backloaded winter (if you can call what we went thru winter). 

Highschool spring sports start next week (baseball, T&F, LaCrosse).   Bad enough having kids run and compete in 40 degree weather. My son runs the 100m and 4x100. Hard enough to get stretched out at 50 degrees, much less 40.  Spring sports shouldn't start till mid April, but then it would be tough get the season in before the end of school. 

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Hoping we see a flip to something spring like soon. This season has been exhausting and the constant dark and damp weather is starting to get to me.

Believe me, I share this sentiment with you ... 

Thankfully ( phew!)  ... look at this incredible flip into warmth the GFS is offering up in the extended!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_57.png

• Haha 6

Ding dong, the witch is dead ...

or dying at least,

Tropical Pacific Sea Surface Temperatures Animation

Equatorial Pacific Temperature Depth Anomalies Animation

In fact the immensely powerful MJO signal through phase 8, finally having penetrated the "la nina firewall" in doing so... indirectly argues for a substantive decay in the la nina base line circulation mode. At a minimum safe assumption, there's decoupling from it - but it's highly correlative to modeling that had predicted the demise of the Nina heading into this spring... and so it would seem probable that is the case.

• Like 2

Yaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!  

Summary
* Note: These statements are updated once a month (2nd Thursday of each month) in association with the ENSO Diagnostics Discussion, which can be found by clicking here.

ENSO Alert System Status: Final La Niña Advisory
ENSO-neutral conditions are observed.*

It's f*n over!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That's the plus about March snow. 

And I hate backloaded winter (if you can call what we went thru winter). 

Highschool spring sports start next week (baseball, T&F, LaCrosse).   Bad enough having kids run and compete in 40 degree weather. My son runs the 100m and 4x100. Hard enough to get stretched out at 50 degrees, much less 40.  Spring sports shouldn't start till mid April, but then it would be tough get the season in before the end of school. 

If the football coaches get their way spring sports will begin in mid to late april....meaning practices....they have concocted a proposal that would hurt winter and spring sports but they do not care.

MIAA football committee continues to tackle new playoff proposal, with communication the key step (msn.com)

2023_mhsfca_playoff_modifications_9-27-2022_final.pdf

Just now, greenmtnwx said:

Wardsboro VT

7AB65534-CE3D-43B2-95E7-8ABE78EC923D.jpeg

This was taken last night and since then I wouldn’t be surprised if we had about another eight or 9 inches according to my measurementsThis was taken last night and since then I wouldn’t be surprised if we had about another eight or 9 inches according to my measurements

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

55" with a couple smaller events missed because I was away.  

His location I would think 70ish" last 30 days makes sense. 

According to my rough numbers about 74 inchesAccording to my rough numbers about 76”

• Confused 1