Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

I wouldn't have even guessed that much. Thanks for your maps by the way.

we had a decent 4-8"er yesterday so that boosted a lot of our seasonal totals 100% LOL

BDR is BS btw, super low and underdone as usual, but i included it since its official. But they reported 3.8 yesterday when everywhere W N and E of them had 5-6.5" not to mention a report right in BDR of 5.5"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's no surprise that BDRs all-time record is 29.6 and NYC is 28.6. Obviously, NYC goes way back into the 1800s so if we compare apples to apples and go back to 1947, NYC average at 1947 is 26.9. So that's a 2.7 differential between NYC and BDR going back to the same year...which is just ridiculous that mid-town Manhattan has only 2.7" less snowfall than coastal SW CT imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I think the GFS was the one global that had fairly significant accumulating snow here. Maybe a good sign for Friday Saturday for some of you further south

Gfs had like 9”. That ain’t happening. I saw all guidance show something there. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gfs had like 9”. That ain’t happening. I saw all guidance show something there. 

Well, most of the going forecasts, including GYX or for less than an inch, with a predominance of mixed precept. We’ve gone from dumping with huge flakes, an eighth of a mile, visibility to dumping with small to medium flakes in less than a quarter mile visibility right now. Temperatures are on the border line so it’s some point it will probably switch over but while the intensity is high looks like we could pile up a few inches we’ve got at least two if not more now 

7 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It's no surprise that BDRs all-time record is 29.6 and NYC is 28.6. Obviously, NYC goes way back into the 1800s so if we compare apples to apples and go back to 1947, NYC average at 1947 is 26.9. So that's a 2.7 differential between NYC and BDR going back to the same year...which is just ridiculous that mid-town Manhattan has only 2.7" less snowfall than coastal SW CT imo.

Up until the mid-80s BDR used the rain gauge X 10 to measure snowfall....no matter what!  Check out the February 83 storm totals in BDR vs. BDL.

8 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thank you!!

GEFS/GEPS/EPS all have a handful of ensemble members showing sub 970/960mb lows near the benchmark between 3/10-12, so hopefully that signal strengthens in the next few days. Then the next period to watch seems to be in the 3/15-3/17 timeframe. Pretty quiet over the next 8 though (aside from the Saturday storm).