Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2023 General Discussion

Hoosier

2 minutes ago, SolidIcewx said:

Knowing our luck we will get sleet first week of may. I’ll take winter thru March but after that bring in the warmth

First half of March for me, so 2 more days. Have zero use for April snows, but they're not as uncommon as I wish they were. I just hope we don't see flakes all month long.

• Like 1

Not sure where to post this so I will do it here. 

MJO in uncharted waters in phase 8 just brushing the edge of the chart. Thing is the models do drop it towards the COD in phase 1 or 2. One thing I have noticed ( since it got past 6 ) is the models have been correcting south with systems vs going the other way when MJO in those other phases especially 5-6. Not talking inside 24-36 hrs. I remember a few years back the models behaving like this. Something to watch for. 

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Not sure where to post this so I will do it here. 

MJO in uncharted waters in phase 8 just brushing the edge of the chart. Thing is the models do drop it towards the COD in phase 1 or 2. One thing I have noticed ( since it got past 6 ) is the models have been correcting south with systems vs going the other way when MJO in those other phases especially 5-6. Not talking inside 24-36 hrs. I remember a few years back the models behaving like this. Something to watch for. 

See the 00z euro etc. 

For now at least we have some help with model trends via MJO. Till the next model upgrades or the MJO goes and hangs out in the COD. :devilsmiley:

5 hours ago, Harry said:

See the 00z euro etc. 

For now at least we have some help with model trends via MJO. Till the next model upgrades or the MJO goes and hangs out in the COD. :devilsmiley:

I don't see this coming far enough south to be any help for us other than a mild 50F rain(with possible Thunder) to a cold 35F rain (miserable).  I prefer the possibility of thunder at this point :lol:

But yes I agree there has been a very noticeable south trends (with slight north bump right at the endgame). 

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

I don't see this coming far enough south to be any help for us other than a mild 50F rain(with possible Thunder) to a cold 35F rain (miserable).  I prefer the possibility of thunder at this point :lol:

But yes I agree there has been a very noticeable south trends (with slight north bump right at the endgame). 

In a plot twist watch this thing go further south as the trend has been this winter and we somehow get some more concrete style wet snow

• Haha 1