• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 2023 General Discussion

Hoosier

Looks like another decent storm to start the week next week. Nothing major but a solid WWA criteria storm the way it looks right now. A much bigger storm possible later next week. Sitting at 71.4” for the season at the airport. Need 27” to break the all time record. The models certainly want to give us a shot at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnchaserguy said:

Looks like another decent storm to start the week next week. Nothing major but a solid WWA criteria storm the way it looks right now. A much bigger storm possible later next week. Sitting at 71.4” for the season at the airport. Need 27” to break the all time record. The models certainly want to give us a shot at that.

I like that the pattern is remaining active.  Possibilities are the key :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mnchaserguy said:

Nam and gfs are polar opposites for MSP for Monday. Gfs gives us snow and nam gives us rain. Euro is somewhere in between. Which one will be right? Who tf knows any more.

I think it’ll be a slop storm for the metro similar to this last one, with healthy snows just to the north. Hopefully I’m wrong but seems like we are on the wrong side of the cold air line. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, weatherbo said:

Me thinking I could raise chickens in the UP :lol:

IMG_6550.thumb.jpg.adf7524485df6ce06a6e10d156c528bd.jpg

At least you got ease of mind when it comes to the heavy snow on the roof. If I remember, someone showed you the weight distribution was good to go, and no worries last year. Any issue with ice damming along the eaves?

3 minutes ago, Brian D said:

At least you got ease of mind when it comes to the heavy snow on the roof. If I remember, someone showed you the weight distribution was good to go, and no worries last year. Any issue with ice damming along the eaves?

No shoveling roofs this winter, and my house is nicely insulated so I don't have any major ice issues either.  The wood stove stack does create a little bit but it's never been a problem... so far.

Should I receive another heavy snow, I may pull some off the edge.

• Like 1

Looks like we’ll be riding the edge of rain/snow on this one. GFS puts 6-9” down here but it’s close. Either way nice to have some active weather to track. 

Looks like the Euro is trending south towards the GFS solution which would put us in the heavier snow. Still could change but it seems like the NAM is the outlier right now. FWIW the GEFS mean snow also indicates its members favor the deterministic GFS solution.

1 hour ago, mnchaserguy said:

Looks like the Euro is trending south towards the GFS solution which would put us in the heavier snow. Still could change but it seems like the NAM is the outlier right now. FWIW the GEFS mean snow also indicates its members favor the deterministic GFS solution.

The NAM was the only model showing a NW solution for the current storm impacting IN/MI and that failed badly. Let’s hope it has a repeat performance for us. 

• Like 1

NAM is falling in line with the globals, Could see a heavy wet 4-7” fall across the metro tomorrow night and Monday. Snow liquid ratios may only be a little higher then what impacted MI yesterday. There’s a very snowy look into the latter half of next week. Go figure I’m flying out to Colorado on Thursday. I’ll have to bribe my neighbor with beer to shovel my sidewalk if it comes into fruition. 

On 3/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, weatherbo said:

Me thinking I could raise chickens in the UP :lol:

IMG_6550.thumb.jpg.adf7524485df6ce06a6e10d156c528bd.jpg

I would say poor chickens but as long as you are not snow-bound so long that you have to eat all the chickens they should persist just fine. This is a great photo especially for shooting into the Sun. Held the contrast extremely well. I also like all the visible layers in the snowpack on top of the roof. An A+ vision of winter up north.

• Thanks 1