• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Nowcast and obs for Wednesday evening through Thursday night's wintry mix storm event.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

always awesome to have the NS contribution!  I wish we had a viewer from Quebec City.  Helluva year they are having I think.  They must be past 150" by now.

Been lurking on this board for nearly 15 years now. Way back to when it was named Easternuswx I believe was the name. Yup that corridor has been smoked all winter long ! We have done better here than most of SNE but still a good 15-20 inches below normal so far.

• Like 3

Only 2.5" of 15:1 fluff by 7A, maybe a tenth since, and not worth starting the snowblower - will let this storm cover the ice and improve traction.  Less than an inch 30 miles to our north - all forecasts showed lower qpf as one moved to the north, but the attenuation began farther south than expected.  Discussions going into this included qpf of 0.75" to 1.25"; less than 0.20" so far.  Temp is barely above 10° while grandkids (and transfer pups) in SNJ will enjoy ~70.

"Long duration event with high QPF totals" should definitely be part of the fraud group if it's not already. Seems to happen time and time again: there's talk of days and days of snow, and then the event arrives and it ends up being a few hours of meaningful snow. This storm morphed from 8-12" over 36 hours - leading to event cancelations 48 hours out - to 2-4" in about 6 hours. Yes we'll have light snow/mix for the rest of the day and maybe another period of light accumulating snow tonight, but the high-impact portion of this event was extremely short-lived.

• Like 1