Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

It is OK for 5 days out. We have a few hits and we have an extreme outlier. The concerning part is the outlier has been most consistent and the hits moved towards it. But still, not a bad spot attm. All we can do is keep on trackin

It's hard to say.  Is that "extreme outlier" (GFS, I assume you mean) really all that extreme?  OK, I would maybe doubt that much of a wound up system and maybe not quite that far west as what the 00Z GFS showed.  But the end result...too far north and west where we just get rain...is hardly an outlier at this point. Maybe that sounds a bit cynical, but you know what I mean.  And you're right, all we can do for the next couple of days is keep on trackin'.  If this goes totally down the sh*tter by Monday or Tuesday, well, that will probably be the end of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Not sure I'd necessarily say brutal, but I sure as hell wish the GFS would have at least given a hat-tip to the more favorable solutions that's for sure!

the euro is already going towards the GFS and we lost all our OP suppressed solutions...how are we going to survive 4 more days of trends

Just now, Ji said:

the euro is already going towards the GFS and we lost all our OP suppressed solutions...how are we going to survive 4 more days of trends

Well, that's a fair point, it did seem the Euro went more toward the GFS (I assume you're talking about the 18Z Euro ensemble mostly?).  But right now, it's hard to really say which model is moving which solution.  The 00Z GFS actually seemed to up the ante with that even farther north and west solution, and quite wound up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Somehow you’ve made getting flush hit on two models terrible. And then made getting missed even more terrible. 

if my posts are affecting ur mood then that's on you lmao and i said how the icon and cmc being great were good and bad in their own ways respectively so 

• Weenie 1

Just on the ensembles, 7 out of the last 9 gefs runs had the low track to our NW. 

Canadian too inconsistent to do a run by run trend analysis.

Couldn’t check Euro because TT only goes out to 90h on off runs. 

i think this is another mirage as the block hasn’t yet established itself.