• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/16/23 Winter Storm

madwx

This is likely to be the best storm of the season here despite the 3-4 hr dry period. The defo zone quickly made up for that and with 1-2 hours of snow left, will likely finish with 6-7". About in line with the model consensus. Nice to break the trend of events falling short of expectations this winter.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Snowing at ORD and MDW now due to low level lake effect, despite being under the dry slot at the moment. Can best see the echoes streaming in on the terminal dopplers.

Edit: Joe/Chicago Storm beat me to it

Still sitting in the terminal here at ORD. Yep, light snow perpetuates despite the paltry radar returns overhead.

Just now, cyclone77 said:

Picked up 1.2" here.  Have had quite a bit of sleet and freezing rain mixing in, and the heavier precip was pretty showery throughout the event.  Should have stuck with my original forecast lol.

update to my earlier response :your golden

17 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Picked up 1.2" here.  Have had quite a bit of sleet and freezing rain mixing in, and the heavier precip was pretty showery throughout the event.  Should have stuck with my original forecast lol.

Looks like the best banding is moving into you now though. Real nice deformation band. Might get you a quick 1-2in. 

3 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Looks like the best banding is moving into you now though. Real nice deformation band. Might get you a quick 1-2in. 

It's finally all snow, which is good lol.  Nice snow globe action with large, slowly falling flakes.  Looks nice but vis reduction/rates pretty meh.  May make a run at 2" for total, but the band is pretty transient.  

2 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The defo band moving through eastern Iowa is awesome.  It's dumping fatties at 2"/hr... as beautiful of a snow as we ever get here.  It sucks that it's so transient, but at least I got to see it during daylight.  My total has quickly jumped to about 5.5 inches.

1 minute ago, cyclone77 said:

It's finally all snow, which is good lol.  Nice snow globe action with large, slowly falling flakes.  Looks nice but vis reduction/rates pretty meh.  May make a run at 2" for total, but the band is pretty transient.  

hmm-meme-gif.gif.fd2f187a31d8f82ba4800e9c797fd3b4.gif

22 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Sounds par for winter of 2022-2023. I guess it's a consolation prize. 

Back edge of the defo band moving through here.  Gonna go out and measure shortly.  Drive home from work went better than expected 
Been waiting it out, gonna have to drive home to the west side from downtown (wife is in Meriter Hospital for the second time in two months) in about half an hour.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk