• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 Obs.

yotaman

I've had the heaviest 24 hour rainfall since the ~4" of 9/4/22 and it is still coming down (pretty heavy now) with several more hours of steady rain likely! I'm somewhere over 3", which together with some during the day yesterday and ~4.25" 1/22-2/3 has me at ~8" over the last 3 weeks. After a typical dry La Niña 9/12/22-1/21/23 with only 5-6", the 8" has been welcomed. 

I have breezy NE winds and temps have fallen into the lower 50s.

Well, I can now say that I have seen snow falling from the sky this winter. Sitting at O’Hare waiting on my 4:45 flight back south. There was nothing but rain in South Chicago at the McCormick Center, then it transitioned to sleet/snow mix the closer we got to O’Hare on I-90. It does not appear to have been any sleet mixing in for the past hour or so. Radar trends seem to indicate it’s going to cut off rather soon, though, before the deformation band swings through later tonight. I should be in the air before then, though.

9 hours ago, purduewx80 said:

It’s unofficially the warmest Feb day on record in Atlanta.

image.thumb.jpg.bac399cd0418ced049a71751e1a876ae.jpg

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0437 PM EST WED FEB 22 2023

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 81 WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 79 SET IN 2018.

:thumbsdown:

The record highest daily minimum temperature for all of Feb was broken yesterday by 4 F at KATL (69 vs old Feb record of 65 set in 2018)!

RECORD EVENT REPORT   NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA   0417 AM EST FRI FEB 24 2023    

...RECORD DAILY AND MONTHLY HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE SET AT   ATLANTA...     A RECORD HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE OF 69 WAS SET AT ATLANTA YESTERDAY.   THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 63 SET IN 2022. THIS ALSO BREAKS THE   ALL TIME RECORD HIGHEST FEBRUARY MINIMUM TEMPERATURE, WHICH WAS   PREVIOUSLY 65 SET ON FEB 21 IN 2018.  

• Like 1