Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 11-12 ULL Winter Storm

Upstate Tiger

39 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

It won’t let me post a pic … but it was 6-8” amounts basically 77 west up thru your area in VA

Ah see.. you gotta watch out for the method and ratios. I’m assuming you used the standard 10:1. This stuff is gonna be like concrete coming out of a mixer like 3:1 maybe 6:1 at the end as some colder air could mix down. Kuchera also helps and if you pull that up you’ll notice a huge difference. 

Ah see.. you gotta watch out for the method and ratios. I’m assuming you used the standard 10:1. This stuff is gonna be like concrete coming out of a mixer like 3:1 maybe 6:1 at the end as some colder air could mix down. Kuchera also helps and if you pull that up you’ll notice a huge difference. 

Still as long as I get to “see” some I’m good

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, lilj4425 said:

And Bloo Q Kazoo aka the blue dancing turd. :D 

lilj,  brought the wife to downtown Greenville tonight for Valentines weekend. First time here in 6 1/2 years since we moved to NC.  Didn’t recognize the area.  Amazing how much it’s grown.   Still had an awesome time eating at Sobys and going to jazz club by the river.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeatherHawk said:

This has been one of the most inactive winters up here in the blue ridge that I can remember.  

You ain’t kidding! I can’t even recall a period that even featured light snow at any point this winter, which is insane. You have a pretty good spot setup where it shows your current location is for this. With the wet bulb and isothermal layer, elevation, etc.. I think you will have a period of something wintry. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

So now that anyone outside of imo 4K feet is out of play…. Does anyone else enjoy the tracking/Chase more than the actual event or is that just me? I love the anticipation of a model run, the highs/Lows ect lol then the event comes and goes and it’s like mehhh what do I do now lol

This one stinks because it fizzled so dramatically.  Hopefully with the end of Nina we can really have some storms to track next year. Who knows, this year may yield a surprise.  

44 minutes ago, Upstate Tiger said:

Man what impressive dynamics over Mississippi!   Not saying it will translate into anything in the lower elevations but someone is going to get raked tonight in the mountains.  

Still holding out some hope this neck of the woods. Advisory for 1-5”. Unfortunately think we’ll be on the low end of that, if anything at all. There’s a nice gap between the temp vs dew point as well right now. I will post some pics if we get anything. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upstate Tiger said:

Man what impressive dynamics over Mississippi!   Not saying it will translate into anything in the lower elevations but someone is going to get raked tonight in the mountains.  

Inland hurricane on radar.  Looks amazing!  I think we should have had a GoFundMe on the forum for a 1040HP up north.  I bet we could have bought one.  :(

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, PantherJustin said:

So now that anyone outside of imo 4K feet is out of play…. Does anyone else enjoy the tracking/Chase more than the actual event or is that just me? I love the anticipation of a model run, the highs/Lows ect lol then the event comes and goes and it’s like mehhh what do I do now lol

I don’t but I don’t really understand the weather.  I’m just a weenie looking for snow.  In fact if I follow a storm close and it doesn’t come to fruition I feel like I have a hangover.  Wasn’t this bad 10 years ago but our chances were better then

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jmoon said:

Starting to sleet pretty good in Danieltown. Should be starting to head your way strongwxnc.

I was checking to see what Danieltown was and Wikipedia says it’s an unincorporated town in Brunswick county VA. And that is all that the entire article says. Very mysterious, sounds like it has to be some tiny cozy mountain town.

I am in Florida so there is never going to be any snow here any time soon but I will say it’s been annoying that for almost this entire winter, the cold fronts that bring cold weather down here ALWAYS happen on Friday night or Saturday… whereas it’s 80 degrees Monday thru Thursday. 

Up until this year I was a snow weenie in Connecticut and was part of the thriving New England threads but not much happens down here. Maybe summer storm season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueheels2 said:

I don’t but I don’t really understand the weather.  I’m just a weenie looking for snow.  In fact if I follow a storm close and it doesn’t come to fruition I feel like I have a hangover.  Wasn’t this bad 10 years ago but our chances were better then

There's always Bent Mountain.  I am halfway tempted to drive up there to get my snow fix (if it does occur there).:snowing:

• Like 1