Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2023

George BM

21 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

27F here in Tenley with some elevation.  Looks like DCA hit 41 around the 4-5am hour, so that streak will live on for one more day.  Obv it will end tomorrow.

Yeah that’s a legit high as temps did rise a little in the early morning hours.  I hate it when we get those cheap highs at 12:01am 

3 hours ago, IronTy said:

6F with a -15F wind chill on Meadow Mountain.  Leaving to go camping this weekend in about 1hr!  Snow showers on the game cam but only a few inches on the ground.  But Sunday it's supposed to be sunny and in the 40s, I'll probably be walking around camp with no shirt on.  

Have you ever woke up frozen to the ground?

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Yeah that’s a legit high as temps did rise a little in the early morning hours.  I hate it when we get those cheap highs at 12:01am 

we had that kind of cheap spike as the front moved through.  This is one of those times when I am a bit colder than DCA (still at 32F).  Elevation plus a more or less uninterrupted northerly fetch here (we're the highest point around) is probably the reason.

image.thumb.png.32239ae561b9f537befffd756b43a8e1.png

2 hours ago, IronTy said:

No but we have been pretty cold.  Tent is up and stove is going...says 6F outside now.  Feels a lot nicer than last time and the wind isn't as bad.  Still pretty gusty though.   

Reports that I reviewed indicated the fire department crow barred you loose once. 

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Wonder how low we can go... wind will probably keep most of us from 100% radiating... but with DP's near or just below zero at 8pm, wouldn't be surprised to see single digits

Bigger problem with going very cold is that the 850s stall or begin to rise overnight.  I think the HRRR is reasonable with single digits in the traditionally cooler spots and low teens at BWI/DCA.

• Like 1

This airmass is definitely a little punchy in comparison to the last month.  It's actually kinda fun from a weather geek perspective, but not so fun if you have to be outside in it for too long.  What's even more impressive is how quick it's expected to warmup.  That PV is a straight up hit and run with the wind direction shifting to the south as early as tomorrow night...and 50 within reach on Sunday (assuming sunshine).

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Bigger problem with going very cold is that the 850s stall or begin to rise overnight.  I think the HRRR is reasonable with single digits in the traditionally cooler spots and low teens at BWI/DCA.

Oakland was 3/-2 at 8pm... could see some of the usual colder spots dip below zero

• mappy unpinned this topic