Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs 2023

George BM

• mappy pinned this topic
6 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

BREAKING: It got below freezing at DCA overnight.

They have a serious radiation prevention issue.  It’s not UHI and other excuses, it’s something prohibitive to radiational cooling. The proof is when it’s windy DCA BWI and IAD are within 3 degrees of each other consistently.  When calm or less than 5mph DCA is prevented somehow from radiating out and runs considerably milder, 

50 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

They have a serious radiation prevention issue.  It’s not UHI and other excuses, it’s something prohibitive to radiational cooling. The proof is when it’s windy DCA BWI and IAD are within 3 degrees of each other consistently.  When calm or less than 5mph DCA is prevented somehow from radiating out and runs considerably milder, 

It is in a river

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It is in a river

When the river is frozen or at 32/33 the same thing happens.  It’s also not in a River, it’s mostly surrounded by parkland with River to ne-e-se and mostly undeveloped land mass otherwise except due west.  Something known as a Parkway runs right by DCA.  There’s a reason things are called Parkways-lots of trees surrounding.

Chesapeake Bay is very deep and broad.  Potomac not. Annapolis does not have radiational issues 

3 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

When the river is frozen or at 32/33 the same thing happens.  It’s also not in a River, it’s mostly surrounded by parkland with River to ne-e-se and mostly undeveloped land mass otherwise except due west.  Something known as a Parkway runs right by DCA.  There’s a reason things are called Parkways-lots of trees surrounding.

Chesapeake Bay is very deep and broad.  Potomac not. Annapolis does not have radiational issues 

lol at the idea of DCA being surrounded by parkland.  It's square in the middle of an urban area, beside a river.  Of course it doesn't radiate.  I live in upper NW a good 350+ ft above DCA, and I hardly radiate (I'm usually within 2-3F of DCA).

1 hour ago, pazzo83 said:

lol at the idea of DCA being surrounded by parkland.  It's square in the middle of an urban area, beside a river.  Of course it doesn't radiate.  I live in upper NW a good 350+ ft above DCA, and I hardly radiate (I'm usually within 2-3F of DCA).

Hold on tight to your feelings and perhaps drive in all directions near the site  and you will experience far more parkway surroundings than fully developed commercial. This is Not like true urban downtown DC around Willard or White House which is almost entirely developed commercial and macadam and concrete 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pazzo83 said:

Are you absurdly offering that in far NW DC you do not radiate out????

I’m 5 miles north of you and have NO radiational restrictions. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Are you absurdly offering that in far NW DC you do not radiate out????

I’m 5 miles north of you and have NO radiational restrictions. 

No - it's an urban area with a significant built environment.  I'm at 37F right now and DCA is at 38F.  I highly doubt that living within a few miles of the District means you radiate like someone in a rural area.

• Weenie 2

35 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Hold on tight to your feelings and perhaps drive in all directions near the site  and you will experience far more parkway surroundings than fully developed commercial. This is Not like true urban downtown DC around Willard or White House which is almost entirely developed commercial and macadam and concrete 

Just because there are some trees between the airport and the high rises of Crystal City, that doesn't mean it's "surrounded by parkland" and should radiate.  Sorry, that's absurd.  DCA is located in an urban area.  Do you think Central Park radiates because the station has some trees around it?

• Weenie 2

• mappy unpinned this topic