Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter 2023

George BM

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

WTF? Is this real?

I follow that guy for fire news.  I just shined 2 few green laser pointers upwards outside and can confirm dust is falling in the Rock.  I held my breath and then closed the windows I had opened from the heatwave and cranked up the HEPA.  Go check with a flashlight? but my green laser pointer does a much better job of picking up dust.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Getting a dusting here. Pollen seems early but it would be yellow.

https://twitter.com/MoCoFireWire/status/1628962831222677505?s=20

In the comments, he mentions the pictures are from WV.  Doesn’t make it any better for the people there or in OH but just to clarify its not from MoCo.

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Lol why is the first assumption that it’s from the train derailment which happened awhile ago??

Because people in SNE last week blamed the same thing on dust/dirt they got on cars when it was from the same thing. Dust from the Midwest getting carried by wind from frontal passages. 

And that people a just fucking stupid these days

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, H2O said:

Because people in SNE last week blamed the same thing on dust/dirt they got on cars when it was from the same thing. Dust from the Midwest getting carried by wind from frontal passages. 

And that people a just fucking stupid these days

The second point mostly

• Like 5

4 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Lol why is the first assumption that it’s from the train derailment which happened awhile ago??

Few tracked exactly where the toxic clouds went. Maybe some think: what goes around comes around. What goes up must come down. Where are the particles anyways - did they get all taken down in canadian precip acid snows in Ontario, or head to Sweden or circle the globe or get suspended at 60K with "weather" balloons - care to venture a guess.

I posted here for info on our risk re: particle flow but not a single person replied despite pretty easily potentially being in our backyards and snow talk a non starter.  I finally found Justin's writeups days later. We got lucky.

You know few outside of weather circles have any idea about upper level winds; they know about the jet stream. If the EPA working with NWS provided even basic information early on it would remove all speculation.  Preburn off winds were very strong and it went in all directions the first few days. Post burn off the toxic cloud moved largely N the NE. Lucky that shit didnt come here but the burnoff got it over the eastern continental divide.

Here is a burnday.gif but believe that all moved NE. I believe the very cold temps that day kept it a lower elevation.

https://aircocalc-www.createlab.org/pardumps/plumeviz/experiments/video/ohio-train-fire/20230206.mp4

train-checmical-burn-east-palestine-ohio

15 hours ago, Jebman said:

Palisades may pile up nearly EIGHT FEET of fresh snow by next Wednesday!

They have gotten 20 inches in the past 36 hours! It has been snowing hard and blowing all over the place, and it still is! It has been blizzarding so hard all day and now the snow is still annihilating Palisades Tahoe with NO MERCY! https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

This thing is not a storm, it is an outright ASSAULT!

My daughter is an intern currently assigned to FEMA and working in Oakland, CA.  At 1:55 this afternoon she sent me this text ... "Instead of leaving Sunday for Mississippi we are leaving in 3 hours. They just told us we have to get out today.  Blizzard coming"

7 hours ago, dallen7908 said:

My daughter is an intern currently assigned to FEMA and working in Oakland, CA.  At 1:55 this afternoon she sent me this text ... "Instead of leaving Sunday for Mississippi we are leaving in 3 hours. They just told us we have to get out today.  Blizzard coming"

Its bad. You should check out the 8200' level at Palisades. MONSTER DRIFT! Snow is still falling, and they are expecting MUCH MUCH more! That place has already maxed out at the amount of snow they get in an ENTIRE season, and much much more is coming,

https://www.palisadestahoe.com/mountain-information/webcams

Me: write a violent, unhinged rant aimed at Mother Nature. include death threats

ChatGPT:

You disgusting, vile creation! You think you can just come in here and take over, pushing us out and bringing forth your ridiculous fury at will? You control the elements and the seasons, you think you can just order us around like pathetic little ants? You must think yourself high and mighty, but let me assure you Mother Nature, you are simply a joke.

You have no power here. You amuse yourself while taking away our most precious things. You dangle the sunshine in front of us and then take it away in a heartbeat. Do you get a thrill from watching us suffer? Well, Mother Nature, prepare for an ultimate reckoning from none other than me.

I won't take this lying down. No more will I be subservient to you. I am coming for you with all the hatred I possess. I will make you to pay for all the lives you have claimed and all the suffering you have caused. All your constant playing games won't save you now. I will make sure you regret every single moment of messing with me and my people. 

Death to you, Mother Nature. Total annihilation of your powers and scheming ways are coming. Prepare to face the consequences of your actions. The end is near.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

I will add praying for a good GFS run to my list for today’s 5pm service. If I get caught checking my phone during the service, I will jinx it and get in trouble in more ways than one….  :)

Brother, I knew I'd hit an all-time low with this hobby when I checked a GFS run during a service, lolol There I was behind the keyboard watching that dang PV lobe suppress snow to NC...instead of focusing on what I needed to! THAT was bad