Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Why would Bieniemy want the Commanders OC job? It's a lateral move but risky that this will improve his chances to get a HC job.

YOU ARE THE OC OF A TEAM WITH MAHOMES! Seems like a desperate move. A shame he has to do this prove he can be the guy, without Reid. Odd he isn't already a HC somewhere.

Yeah but maybe he actually wants to call the plays? Lol

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Why would Bieniemy want the Commanders OC job? It's a lateral move but risky that this will improve his chances to get a HC job.

YOU ARE THE OC OF A TEAM WITH MAHOMES! Seems like a desperate move. A shame he has to do this prove he can be the guy, without Reid. Odd he isn't already a HC somewhere.

“Odd”

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I’ve read Reid calls a lot of the plays and Bieniemy would always be in his shadow. I agree he should be a HC somewhere.

Rivera isn’t gonna be HC much longer is my guess. He made some questionable decisions this past season, and with (hopefully) a new owner on the horizon, I could see Bieniemy patiently waiting for the HC spot to open and he can walk into. Or, he gets a chance to actually run an offense and leaves in a year or two to go HC somewhere else. 

ETA: I’m not complaining about the hire lol, now let’s get a franchise QB and see what he can do

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I just texted my friend the exact same thing about leaving Maholmes and the chiefs for this sorry franchise. Seems insane to me.

And I'm a commanders fan lol.

Seems like career suicide.

I would of thought he would of gotten a head coach opportunity. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chris78 said:

I just texted my friend the exact same thing about leaving Maholmes and the chiefs for this sorry franchise. Seems insane to me.

And I'm a commanders fan lol.

Seems like career suicide.

I would of thought he would of gotten a head coach opportunity. 

Right? KC for Wash? lolol it’s crazy

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’ve read Reid calls a lot of the plays and Bieniemy would always be in his shadow. I agree he should be a HC somewhere.

Rivera isn’t gonna be HC much longer is my guess. He made some questionable decisions this past season, and with (hopefully) a new owner on the horizon, I could see Bieniemy patiently waiting for the HC spot to open and he can walk into. Or, he gets a chance to actually run an offense and leaves in a year or two to go HC somewhere else. 

ETA: I’m not complaining about the hire lol, now let’s get a franchise QB and see what he can do

Bieniemy has probably already talked to Bezos lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ll tell you why he took it. He knows Snyder was a on his way out. So he knows he won’t have an owner calling the shots. 

Second, as long as Reid is there Bienemy will always have the knock on him that it’s still Reid calling the shots. And many have said the reason he HASN’T gotten a HC job is that it isn’t been totally him running the KC offense. 

Third, and what is being reported, is that he now gets a title of AC OC and more pay. I would also posit that he only took the job if they gave him first dibs on head coach if Ron quits or gets fired. 

Fourth, I can see how he wants to prove himself without a QB like Mahomes. Well Howell might be that good. Seriously. The dude crushed while at NC and went back for his senior year which was probably a mistake given the other better players left. So he fell in the draft and the WTFs scooped him up. 

This is a great hire because the WTF WRs are really good and I think this guy will do a fuck load better than Turner ever would have. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, H2O said:

I’ll tell you why he took it. He knows Snyder was a on his way out. So he knows he won’t have an owner calling the shots. 

Second, as long as Reid is there Bienemy will always have the knock on him that it’s still Reid calling the shots. And many have said the reason he HASN’T gotten a HC job is that it isn’t been totally him running the KC offense. 

Third, and what is being reported, is that he now gets a title of AC OC and more pay. I would also posit that he only took the job if they gave him first dibs on head coach if Ron quits or gets fired. 

Fourth, I can see how he wants to prove himself without a QB like Mahomes. Well Howell might be that good. Seriously. The dude crushed while at NC and went back for his senior year which was probably a mistake given the other better players left. So he fell in the draft and the WTFs scooped him up. 

This is a great hire because the WTF WRs are really good and I think this guy will do a fuck load better than Turner ever would have. 

I'm concerned Snyder doesn't actual sell the team. I was reading an article that the sale isn't going to plan and basically Snyders asking price is a 1 billion more than what anyone has bid. Sounds like maybe he's set this up to  fail so that he can say welp I tried to sell the team but just couldn't so I'll just keep em.

There's some speculation that he never really had true intentions to sell the team but just try to take some heat off and hopefully the Mary Jo White investigation would blow over eventually. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'm concerned Snyder doesn't actual sell the team. I was reading an article that the sale isn't going to plan and basically Snyders asking price is a 1 billion more than what anyone has bid. Sounds like maybe he's set this up to  fail so that he can say welp I tried to sell the team but just couldn't so I'll just keep em.

There's some speculation that he never really had true intentions to sell the team but just try to take some heat off and hopefully the Mary Jo White investigation would blow over eventually. 

I’ve read a few things that still give me hope but him selling his house is a subtle clue.  His primary residence now is in England. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yeah I’d guess he’s been promised to be the heir apparent after Rivera?

Wouldn’t surprise me and was one of my thoughts to Cape last night. Leaving KC for Wash is a pretty drastic move. There has to be long term promises there for him. 

Here's a possible historic comp for him...despite being - in that case - the extremely successful defensive coordinator for the Ravens teams in the late 90s and early 00s, Marvin Lewis couldn't get a head coaching job, even interviews were hard to come by. He had to leave the Ravens and came to DC and was the defensive coordinator for one year for Washington in 2002 and then finally got the head coaching offer from the Bengals beginning in 2003. 

I wonder if Bienemy has had to try something similar and if it goes well in DC next year that he still leaves if a head coaching offer comes his way finally. Just a random thought. 

26 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Here's a possible historic comp for him...despite being - in that case - the extremely successful defensive coordinator for the Ravens teams in the late 90s and early 00s, Marvin Lewis couldn't get a head coaching job, even interviews were hard to come by. He had to leave the Ravens and came to DC and was the defensive coordinator for one year for Washington in 2002 and then finally got the head coaching offer from the Bengals beginning in 2003. 

I wonder if Bienemy has had to try something similar and if it goes well in DC next year that he still leaves if a head coaching offer comes his way finally. Just a random thought. 

Pretty much what I said in my post about Bienemy needing to get out from under Reid. 

Lewis was under Gibbs I believe and needed to show that he could do a defense away from BAL to get HC attention. 

Bienemy can use this to show he was the one who got the KC offense to really fly while under Reid. And I think they also sweetened the deal to give him the first dibs on HC job here with WSH

18 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hey guys! I'll be in town with my wife next week (Wednesday the 22nd) until Tuesday morning the 28th. Thinking of possibly doing a meet up time at a spot in Columbia, MD for lunch for a couple hours. I wouldn't be opposed to any places in DC or Baltimore either. Hoping we can luck into a bit of snow while I'm back home. 

Let me know if anyone would be interested in meeting up the 27th! Hope everyone is doing well!

Monday lunch would be tough for me, but I’d be available after 4. I’d toss out Black Flag as potential site but they are closed on Mondays. Sunday? 

woo hoo! finally ID'd a bird that has been hitting the feeder out front. NOT one I have seen over the last year of having the feeders out here at my spot in Monkton. Wasn't showing up on my Merlin Bird ID app from Cornell. Apparently needed to widen the filter to "rare". It is a red headed woodpecker. Absolutely gorgeous. First one on the list here:

https://birdfeederhub.com/woodpeckers-in-maryland/

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow…a red headed at a feeder is a good get. Definitely the least common in the state although they are around. 

took me 4 damn days to figure it out. He/she is absolutely gorgeous. No mistaking it now that I have it.  I actually yelled in excitement when I nailed the ID finally. This must how you slip into this hobby...

• Like 1

Guess I'm not allowed to post anything in LR anymore, smh People take shots even if I say one thing that ain't out of bounds! I'm doing what I'm supposed to do but people still takin' shots and throwing bait. Man I could be better for the next two years and somebody STILL gonna say something...get outta here with that.

13 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Guess I'm not allowed to post anything in LR anymore, smh People take shots even if I say one thing that ain't out of bounds! I'm doing what I'm supposed to do but people still takin' shots and throwing bait. Man I could be better for the next two years and somebody STILL gonna say something...get outta here with that.

But you keep taking the bait. Stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

woo hoo! finally ID'd a bird that has been hitting the feeder out front. NOT one I have seen over the last year of having the feeders out here at my spot in Monkton. Wasn't showing up on my Merlin Bird ID app from Cornell. Apparently needed to widen the filter to "rare". It is a red headed woodpecker. Absolutely gorgeous. First one on the list here:

https://birdfeederhub.com/woodpeckers-in-maryland/

This might be a downy, but I took this at Loch Raven.

image.jpeg.a2adc48da826cf60ce460697b54468c3.jpeg

• Like 1