• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2023

George BM

How many of you are members of the Weather Band and if so what do you think of it? They claim to have a portal for career advice, but all that I've seen is simply a list of people to contact with specific questions. I feel like such a community is an interesting idea, but needing a membership feels weird to me. I read a discussion of an amateur masters student specifically forecasting severe weather outbreaks based on sunspot activity while the research is still ongoing. The discussion was in response to why we are having a low clipper season. It seems completely irrelevant. The Weather Band discussion page seems to be slim picking.

15 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

On a selfish up note, I have oil heat and have had only two deliveries this "winter" and of the second delivery I am still just below 7/8 full. 

Yes, went from $5.77/gal in December to $3.73/gal this week!  Used only 41 gal in that period too thanks to wood and heat pump lockout set to 20F.  If it's not going to snow, I always welcome the warm air.  Cold without snow is like a car without tires.

And roger PDII!  That was rockin' times for sure.  Started out very chilly in the mid teens early Sunday AM awoken by moderate snow and thunder!  It just kept snowing and snowing.  Did mix with sleet that night which kept totals down but when you have over two feet it doesn't matter.  Until you have to shovel/blow it, of course!

It will snow again, like that, eventually.  Just like there will be another derecho, wide area tropical (Isabel/Irene/Sandy), even widespread wind like 03/02/2018.    Just takes time.  Filling in the gaps tainted with long droughts, is the hard part. ;)

Still waiting for another thundersquall/total whiteout like the evening of Friday, January 25, 1985.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Yes, went from $5.77/gal in December to $3.73/gal this week!  Used only 41 gal in that period too thanks to wood and heat pump lockout set to 20F.  If it's not going to snow, I always welcome the warm air.  Cold without snow is like a car without tires.

And roger PDII!  That was rockin' times for sure.  Started out very chilly in the mid teens early Sunday AM awoken by moderate snow and thunder!  It just kept snowing and snowing.  Did mix with sleet that night which kept totals down but when you have over two feet it doesn't matter.  Until you have to shovel/blow it, of course!

It will snow again, like that, eventually.  Just like there will be another derecho, wide area tropical (Isabel/Irene/Sandy), even widespread wind like 03/02/2018.    Just takes time.  Filling in the gaps tainted with long droughts, is the hard part. ;)

Still waiting for another thundersquall/total whiteout like the evening of Friday, January 25, 1985.

Where did you get your heating oil from.  I just got a delivery on Monday from Dixie Land Energy and paid 3.60 a gallon for 150+ gallons

14 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Huge win for the Terps tonight.

I turned the game on when they were down by 6 as they were starting their monster run. Dominated Perdue the last 15 minutes.

Now it is possible for them to win out... if they did, they would finish 2nd in the Big Ten with an outside chance for 1st.

4 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

They've played well down the stretch. 

I'm just glad they should make the tournament this year.

My mom was at the game last night, said the place was loud from start to finish. Reminded her of the days at Cole when we'd play Duke or UNC. 

• Like 4

Just now, mappy said:

My mom was at the game last night, said the place was loud from start to finish. Reminded her of the days at Comcast when we'd play Duke or UNC. 

That's awesome! 

I miss the days when they were in the ACC. 

They had some epic battles against Duke and UNC.

The Gary Williams days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

That's awesome! 

I miss the days when they were in the ACC. 

They had some epic battles against Duke and UNC.

The Gary Williams days.

I used to go all the time, back at Cole and at Comcast. I was at the MD/Duke game at Cole when MD lost in the last minute, a heartbreaker. My grandmother was a huge fan, season ticket holder, etc. My mom has followed suit, she does scrapbooks for freshman players, and all throughout their time in the program. Goes to end of year dinners, team get togethers, etc. Boom Osby has even been to my  mom's house lol. He's a good one. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mappy said:

My mom was at the game last night, said the place was loud from start to finish. Reminded her of the days at Cole when we'd play Duke or UNC. 

I was at the game last Saturday against Penn St. and was surprised at the energy in the building for a noon start. It was definitely loud and I told my friend you can definitely feel a difference in the fan base. I thought the early start last night might cause a late arriving crowd but that wasn't the case. Glad to see the place rocking! Definitely reminds me of the environment in luring those Duke/UNC games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I used to go all the time, back at Cole and at Comcast. I was at the MD/Duke game at Cole when MD lost in the last minute, a heartbreaker. My grandmother was a huge fan, season ticket holder, etc. My mom has followed suit, she does scrapbooks for freshman players, and all throughout their time in the program. Goes to end of year dinners, team get togethers, etc. Boom Osby has even been to my  mom's house lol. He's a good one. 

We were at a Bennigans near College Park for that game.  We could get into a College Park bar... too crowded.  When they blew the lead and lost... There was a Duke fan rubbing it in our faces.  My friend (who might have had a few adult beverages) walked over to them... picked up their burger, and took a giant bite out of it.  They stopped trash talking the rest of the night.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

I was at the game last Saturday against Penn St. and was surprised at the energy in the building for a noon start. It was definitely loud and I told my friend you can definitely feel a difference in the fan base. I thought the early start last night might cause a late arriving crowd but that wasn't the case. Glad to see the place rocking! Definitely reminds me of the environment in luring those Duke/UNC games.

That's great! The last game I went to was a decade ago, against Duke on a Wednesday night. The place was so LOUD. It was great. Need to butter up to my mom to let me go soon lol 

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

We were at a Bennigans near College Park for that game.  We could get into a College Park bar... too crowded.  When they blew the lead and lost... There was a Duke fan rubbing it in our faces.  My friend (who might have had a few adult beverages) walked over to them... picked up their burger, and took a giant bite out of it.  They stopped trash talking the rest of the night.

It was such a heartbreaking loss. I was a junior in high school. We had seats about 4 rows up off the floor, across from the benches in the corner. I vividly recall just standing, staring, jaw on the floor at what I had just witnessed in that last minute. Couldn't believe it. 

• Like 1

Hey guys! I'll be in town with my wife next week (Wednesday the 22nd) until Tuesday morning the 28th. Thinking of possibly doing a meet up time at a spot in Columbia, MD for lunch for a couple hours. I wouldn't be opposed to any places in DC or Baltimore either. Hoping we can luck into a bit of snow while I'm back home. 

Let me know if anyone would be interested in meeting up the 27th! Hope everyone is doing well!

• Like 4

Why would Bieniemy want the Commanders OC job? It's a lateral move but risky that this will improve his chances to get a HC job.

YOU ARE THE OC OF A TEAM WITH MAHOMES! Seems like a desperate move. A shame he has to do this prove he can be the guy, without Reid. Odd he isn't already a HC somewhere.