Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2023

George BM

3 hours ago, mappy said:

@psuhoffman I asked you to ignore and you didn’t, decided to actually insult instead. Please ignore that dude. 

Sorry he got me heated. 

It was bad enough when he went at Randy but I really didn't like him picking on Chuck, especially when he was misinterpreting what he meant, yea I know that's kinda easy to do, but maybe thats why someone shouldnt just jump in here and start throwing haymakers at every one of the regulars.  I know Chuck is "odd" but I consider him one of us and in that case he was actually right and that clown was trying to make him out to be stupid.  I know he talks in code but he is actually very insightful if you can interpret the code.  

But if you are going to be deleting his attacks I'll refrain from engaging with him the future.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, baldereagle said:

Oh my, someone used an insult!?  But we’re all allowed to use the term “fuck.”

Moderate moderation by the moderator is seemingly most moderate when the commenter is a member who is held in  higher favor. Egotism here in this forum runs pretty high, becomes even more palpable in lean times.

The moderator indicates that no one but certain people have actual standing to be creative or provide opinions.

Bunch of bs. The favorite-playing and snark…not just because it hasn’t/won’t snow. 

And the moderator will either delete my opinion or, along with others,  retort harshly to publicly shame the person deemed offending the “order”.

That was refreshing! Have a nice warm day!

I deserved to be moderated and have my posts deleted, I was having a pissing contest with an assclown in the main thread.  It was stupid.  She is right I should have just ignored him and let the mods delete his nonsense.  She always deletes both sides of the discussion when its inappropriate.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Sorry he got me heated. 

It was bad enough when he went at Randy but I really didn't like him picking on Chuck, especially when he was misinterpreting what he meant, yea I know that's kinda easy to do, but maybe thats why someone shouldnt just jump in here and start throwing haymakers at every one of the regulars.  I know Chuck is "odd" but I consider him one of us and in that case he was actually right and that clown was trying to make him out to be stupid.  I know he talks in code but he is actually very insightful if you can interpret the code.  

But if you are going to be deleting his attacks I'll refrain from engaging with him the future.  

I cleaned it all up when I saw it this morning. I appreciate you sticking up for Chuck, and I understand the frustration. That guy is on my radar, don't you worry ;)

Thanks for being receptive. I appreciate it when I'm in a sea of others who cannot stand me. :D 

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I deserved to be moderated and have my posts deleted, I was having a pissing contest with an assclown in the main thread.  It was stupid.  She is right I should have just ignored him and let the mods delete his nonsense.  She always deletes both sides of the discussion when its inappropriate.   

Thanks for this. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, uncletim said:

The Paxlovid dosing schedule has not changed - it’s still a 5 day course.The latest research on Paxlovid rebound suggests that it may be due to a more robust immune response, rather than an impaired one. “Overall, the level of T-cell responses was greater in rebound patients than in patients with early acute COVID-19 who did not experience rebound.”
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/findings-suggest-covid-19-rebound-not-caused-impaired-immune-response

Yup. Wife was on Paxlovid for five days after our recent first bout with COVID, and she had literally no symptoms by the end of her second day of treatment. She then tested negative twice, 48 hours apart, after finishing her course of treatment.

Two days later...BAM! She was laid out with a nasty rebound case that she's just now getting over after about a week.

COVID is weird.

2 hours ago, mappy said:

this seems unnecessary. 

That's indisputably true; I was making an attempt at humor in the downtrodden depressed, discussion of failure, the bitter bickering and backbiting. The understandable exasperation of some who make great contributions/observations to the seamy underbelly of the society of the board. Humorous to me, anyway, as on any given day, the entire catalog of human behavior is to be found within these pages. Are some people here intolerant/snobby? Maybe, maybe not. It's a great place to come learn/join the unsanity. Just don't make any unnecessary remarks. Unless you're necessary. I'm certainly not. Necessary.

16 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

That's indisputably true; I was making an attempt at humor in the downtrodden depressed, discussion of failure, the bitter bickering and backbiting. The understandable exasperation of some who make great contributions/observations to the seamy underbelly of the society of the board. Humorous to me, anyway, as on any given day, the entire catalog of human behavior is to be found within these pages. Are some people here intolerant/snobby? Maybe, maybe not. It's a great place to come learn/join the unsanity. Just don't make any unnecessary remarks. Unless you're necessary. I'm certainly not. Necessary.

I have no idea what you're even talking about anymore. 

The convo between me and PSU was fine, PSU agreed with me. your initial comment wasn't necessary. Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, mappy said:

I have no idea what you're even talking about anymore. 

The convo between me and PSU was fine, PSU agreed with me. your initial comment wasn't necessary. Thanks. 

I was simply making an observation you decided was unnecessary. No one's opinion here is necessary. I said nothing about you or PSU. I said nothing disrespectful. I don't care whether you "understand" what I'm talking about.  No worries, moderator. You've successfully made my point for me, for discerning readers.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

I was simply making an observation you decided was unnecessary. No one's opinion here is necessary. I said nothing about you or PSU. I said nothing disrespectful. I don't care whether you "understand" what I'm talking about.  No worries, moderator. You've successfully made my point for me, for discerning readers.

Okie dokie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'm not retiring off of it but last 3 calendar years I've finished in the green respectively with 4 digits wrt sportsboom wagering, so I've done ok. And I certainly don't consider myself a sharp by any means. But there's a reason the Eagles are only 1 - 2 point favorites depending on which book you are using. The 'sure thing' doesn't always work out and when the odds look too easy, they probably are. Just as a simplistic example, there was a game this year where the o/u was unusually low....like 30.5 or something. I mean, easy money on the over right? Total ended up like 12 points. As a Philly fan, that 1-2 point Eagles favorite odds scares the piss out of me, ngl.

I haven't seen a team so underrated since the 2000 Ravens. Must be something about this area.. There are like 3 times in my life where the Vegas line was just wrong. This is one of them.  There is no doubt in my mind. 

• Like 1