• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

That upcoming storm, its going to snow HARD in the cities this go-around, and pile up into the bargain, but what I usta do back in The Day when I lived over there, was head west, Liberia to Rt 28 north to Rt 7 and on onto Rt 9 past Paeonian Springs, that place is magical! Snow gets HEAVY as fook up there! You get past the Hillsboro Ridge, it goes all-out major winter storm like up in Palisades Tahoe! Thing is, you get to enjoy massive snows maybe even get snowbound up there then hit the craps tables at Charles Town Races and Slots and walk away with ~10K dollars.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

So far, not too bad.  Yesterday was really bad but I thought I was just hung over from my Sunday Funday down at Old Rag and Copper Fox.  I woke up early today and something didn't feel quite right so I tested.  Two pink lines and the rest of the week I'll be sending in sub plans.  Kind of sucks but I don't feel awful right now.  Cold meds help and I just forced myself out for a walk to keep the sinuses draining.

My brother caught the mild strain too. Took him a few days to mostly get over it. I dont seem to get Covid. Been all around people with it, I think I might have Klingon antibodies. Hope you get better very soon. There might be a snowstorm on the horizon for you and the rest of the Mid Atlantic.

4 hours ago, ravensrule said:

Did you take Paxlovid?. It really seems to help. Get some rest and hopefully you can enjoy some snow on Sunday. 

I've heard Paxlovid is very effective but there's a tendency to have a sort of "relapse" once you stop taking it.  I don't know all the details or why it would "come back" after finishing a course of the drug.  Maybe now they taper you off more, to avoid that?  I also haven't heard if Paxlovid is effective against the latest mutations of COVID, but I would think probably so at least to some extent.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

No, no paxlovid yet.  Unless I get worse I don't think I'll need it.  And if it snows on Sunday, nothing will keep me indoors.

That sucks man, sorry you got it!  I actually had COVID back last April.  Fortunately I had by then gotten the original series of 2 shots and the booster, so my symptoms weren't too bad.  More like a moderate cold, but no severe cough and no fever.  I also felt a bit tired.  But it more or less cleared up in a few days or so.  Got the bivalent booster this past fall.  Hope you don't have anything severe!!!

10 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I've heard Paxlovid is very effective but there's a tendency to have a sort of "relapse" once you stop taking it.  I don't know all the details or why it would "come back" after finishing a course of the drug.  Maybe now they taper you off more, to avoid that?  I also haven't heard if Paxlovid is effective against the latest mutations of COVID, but I would think probably so at least to some extent.

That sucks man, sorry you got it!  I actually had COVID back last April.  Fortunately I had by then gotten the original series of 2 shots and the booster, so my symptoms weren't too bad.  More like a moderate cold, but no severe cough and no fever.  I also felt a bit tired.  But it more or less cleared up in a few days or so.  Got the bivalent booster this past fall.  Hope you don't have anything severe!!!

Yeah, I’m as vaxed as I can be so hopefully it remains a mild case. Dry cough, headache, itchy throat, body aches, whine, whine, whine. :fever:  :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, I’m as vaxed as I can be so hopefully it remains a mild case. Dry cough, headache, itchy throat, body aches, whine, whine, whine WINE, WINE, WINE. :fever:  :lol:

FYP...that will help, drink plenty of WINE!!  Joking, but I thought a little levity would help.  I know what you mean.  Hopefully it won't get into a deep cough or anything like that.  Do take care of yourself!!  You're here posting on this board so you must be doing halfway decent, LOL!!

• Haha 1

SF had a 12-game winning streak, longest since '07 Patriots.  PHL beat them 31-7 next game. Jalen Hurts was 17-1 as starter. He got hurt and they went 0-2. When he returned 1st quarter they were up 14-0, Next game they were up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. 17-1 now on the year. 

Make money. I don't know why the line is -1.5. Probably the silliest thing in all of history. KC was 20-20 or 23-23 vs a personal foul penalty to win the game. Mahome was 26-41 for 300yds. They are weak/going to get blown out. Kemp was their receiver and some other guy they had 20 catches on the year in the game winning drive. I say PHL wins by 14+

add it to my resume or something. Before watching them I doubted heavily, because of general NFC weakness. All those who don't pay attention are mindlessly picking against the Eagles. I say make money. If I had $50,000, I would bet $50,000.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

The Paxlovid dosing schedule has not changed - it’s still a 5 day course.The latest research on Paxlovid rebound suggests that it may be due to a more robust immune response, rather than an impaired one. “Overall, the level of T-cell responses was greater in rebound patients than in patients with early acute COVID-19 who did not experience rebound.”
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/findings-suggest-covid-19-rebound-not-caused-impaired-immune-response

I def recommend paxlovid. Took it the first time on day 1 of testing positive and felt so much better by end of day 2. Tested negative at day 5 with only a lingering brain fog that dissipated a few days later. Didn’t take it the second time, worst head cold I’ve had in over 5 years, took 7 days to test negative and almost another week before all symptoms fully went away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eduggs said:

I think the delay trend went a bit too far. A touch of snow now in Louisiana and Mississippi on the GFS. Upper levels torch quickly after the mid-level center pinches off. I hope this reverses a bit, otherwise we're left with rain and ZR. Shame cause it could be kind of a fun, low expectation, parachute bomb event.

bomb-parachute-15869404.thumb.jpg.1211b8bbd7b242f8935f83f0290cee14.jpg

Hope you feel better @nw baltimore wx. My bout with Covid in December sucked. Fully vaxxed and all, but still got me pretty good. My mom got hit very hard with it the one time she got it and my Dad basically said it was like a cold. Affects everyone differently. I took Paxlovid and I'm pretty sure it saved me from having to go to a hospital. It was my first time with the experience. Definitely a 0 star recommendation. Took a full month for my body to get back to 100%. Lungs took the longest. The headache I had with it was brutal. 

Lots of rest and LOTS of water. Great support for the body to keep rolling. Hang in there my man!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

SF had a 12-game winning streak, longest since '07 Patriots.  PHL beat them 31-7 next game. Jalen Hurts was 17-1 as starter. He got hurt and they went 0-2. When he returned 1st quarter they were up 14-0, Next game they were up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. 17-1 now on the year. 

Make money. I don't know why the line is -1.5. Probably the silliest thing in all of history. KC was 20-20 or 23-23 vs a personal foul penalty to win the game. Mahome was 26-41 for 300yds. They are weak/going to get blown out. Kemp was their receiver and some other guy they had 20 catches on the year in the game winning drive. I say PHL wins by 14+

add it to my resume or something. Before watching them I doubted heavily, because of general NFC weakness. All those who don't pay attention are mindlessly picking against the Eagles. I say make money. If I had $50,000, I would bet $50,000.

I'm not retiring off of it but last 3 calendar years I've finished in the green respectively with 4 digits wrt sportsboom wagering, so I've done ok. And I certainly don't consider myself a sharp by any means. But there's a reason the Eagles are only 1 - 2 point favorites depending on which book you are using. The 'sure thing' doesn't always work out and when the odds look too easy, they probably are. Just as a simplistic example, there was a game this year where the o/u was unusually low....like 30.5 or something. I mean, easy money on the over right? Total ended up like 12 points. As a Philly fan, that 1-2 point Eagles favorite odds scares the piss out of me, ngl.

6 hours ago, nj2va said:

I just realized St. Patricks Day is on a Friday and day 2 of the first round of the NCAA tourney.  Needless to say, I’m taking that day off from work.  :weight_lift:

:-)  My Son's birthday on on St. Patrick's Day.  He is 22 this year.  Depending on how well his basketball team does getting into and prolonging their postseason, he will probably be out at Brewer's Alley in Frederick watching and having a good time :-)   

• Like 2

Oh my, someone used an insult!?  But we’re all allowed to use the term “fuck.”

Moderate moderation by the moderator is seemingly most moderate when the commenter is a member who is held in  higher favor. Egotism here in this forum runs pretty high, becomes even more palpable in lean times.

The moderator indicates that no one but certain people have actual standing to be creative or provide opinions.

Bunch of bs. The favorite-playing and snark…not just because it hasn’t/won’t snow. 

And the moderator will either delete my opinion or, along with others,  retort harshly to publicly shame the person deemed offending the “order”.

That was refreshing! Have a nice warm day!

• Weenie 1

56 minutes ago, baldereagle said:

Moderate moderation by the moderator is seemingly most moderate when the commenter is a member who is held in  higher favor. Egotism here in this forum runs pretty high, becomes even more palpable in lean times.

The moderator indicates that no one but certain people have actual standing to be creative or provide opinions.

Bunch of bs. The favorite-playing and snark…not just because it hasn’t/won’t snow. 

And the moderator will either delete my opinion or, along with others,  retort harshly to publicly shame the person deemed offending the “order”.

this seems unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, baldereagle said:

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I make a sex joke and all hell breaks loose, but FUCK and SHIT are perfectly acceptable on a weather forum. LOL. Good times.