Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

1 hour ago, mappy said:

fuck we need snow badly so the childish back and forth will stop already. 

Sadly, I fear that snow won't cure that issue!! :lol:  But we do need snow badly all the same!

6 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Models show no snow - fights in the long  range thread for hours

Models do show snow. - fights in the long range thread for hours. 

:lol:

Minions Fight GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, eduggs said:

PSU, poor job all around. I encourage you to read the words that I actually write instead of resorting to snarky, strawman arguments. I don't think this is the best version of you. But I'm confident nobody wants to read any more of this back and forth. Let's just root for snow. 

lol you are welcome to not post in this sub if you have issues here.

17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Shut up. Let us enjoy it, FFS.

Enjoy what?  There is a thread for "digital snow".  I thought the main thread was for actual analysis.  Or do you want this to just be a circle jerk of "look at this model showing blue yay"?  

ETA: Mattie if that was a joke sorry (I missed the smile face) but some definitely aren't joking.  

@mappy the defense is in there  because the attacks are in there.  Frankly this is ridiculous.  Its the same 5 or 6 people complaining and whining every-time anyone says anything about warm temps or skeptical of snow.  That is an analysis thread not a digital snow thread and its not a safe space to emotionally support people who are full tilt over not getting snow.  They need to suck it up and deal with it and not shit on people who are making objective analysis just because its not what they want.  

And as for me, I gave them a chance.  I said I would leave and stop posting my analysis if that is really what people want, and it was 5-1 in favor of me continuing to give my honest opinion.  Yet the same handful of people continue to whine and complain everyday!   

• Like 1

@psuhoffman the attacks are fucking tiresome. I'm tired of reading it. And I'm hiding every post related to it as I see them. 

Please ignore them if you're attacked. It cuts down on the back and forth when you ignore. You do not have to respond to them. I will continue to hide your posts when you do. I will continue to hide posts that are attacking you, or others. Its been a fucking chore to moderate this place this winter. I don't want to read our threads. I don't want to post. Its awful. 

Please don't take offense to me moderating you. Its not personal. It's just to get our threads back on track without the bickering. I appreciate your part in keeping our threads enjoyable to read. 

@AtlanticWx the main thread is an analysis thread not a "digital snow fiesta" thread.  We actually have a thread for that where we simply post models that show snow and celebrate.  

My goal is to be accurate and improve my analysis of the weather not to provide a safe space for those having emotional issues because its not snowing.  My favorite forecaster was by far Bob Ryan, because he didnt blow smoke up our ass, the others teased us over and over but I knew not to get excited unless Bob was on board.  I don't need fake BS optimism I want the truth. 

And the truth is I am not pessimistic enough. I bust high way more than low on both seasonal and individual storm forecasts.  I was too optimistic this year...I said it was going to be bad but when I submitted my seasonal forecast I went below avg but probably not enough below!  I was more positive about the mid december threat than I should have been.  It failed...I was WRONG when I said it looked good!   I still need to learn to be even more reserved and skeptical of snow because the goal is to be right not to spread false hope.  We have a digital snow thread for that!  We have plenty of people who make optimistic posts everytime any model shows snow.  You can read JB.  Put me on ignore if all you want is a daily affirmation.  I offered to shut up and said I would respect the vote and it was 5-1 in favor of me continuing to post my honest analysis so instead of the handful of people who don't want that continuing to complain and whine everytime I post why dont you just ignore me since the majority wanted me to continue to post.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

@psuhoffman the attacks are fucking tiresome. I'm tired of reading it. And I'm hiding every post related to it as I see them. 

Please ignore them if you're attacked. It cuts down on the back and forth when you ignore. You do not have to respond to them. I will continue to hide your posts when you do. I will continue to hide posts that are attacking you, or others. Its been a fucking chore to moderate this place this winter. I don't want to read our threads. I don't want to post. Its awful. 

Please don't take offense to me moderating you. Its not personal. It's just to get our threads back on track without the bickering. I appreciate your part in keeping our threads enjoyable to read. 

I'm sorry.  To be clear I am not frustrated at you, and I am very sorry my frustration came out in a post directed at you.  That was not fair.  You're just doing your job. 

I thought when I offered to stop posting and let them vote it would put a stop to the whining.  Either the majority wanted me to stop and I would, or the majority wanted me to continue to post and the others would see that and stop complaining.  But obviously it doesn't matter.  

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I'm sorry.  To be clear I am not frustrated at you, and I am very sorry my frustration came out in a post directed at you.  That was not fair.  You're just doing your job. 

I thought when I offered to stop posting and let them vote it would put a stop to the whining.  Either the majority wanted me to stop and I would, or the majority wanted me to continue to post and the others would see that and stop complaining.  But obviously it doesn't matter.  

Friend, we aren't going to make polls and vote whether you should post or not. That's some middle school shit right there. 

Keep posting like you do, you provide insightful information, regardless of others not appreciating it. Ignore the attacks, put people on ignore, let us mods clean up the mess. Thanks. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, stormtracker said:

You know I like you, but just dial it back.  A joke or two every now and then is fine.  Now find us a snowstorm.

I hear you. I’m bringing it Sunday, even to the heat island of DC. If not you can come watch the snow and the SB at my house. 

59 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Enjoy what?  There is a thread for "digital snow".  I thought the main thread was for actual analysis.  Or do you want this to just be a circle jerk of "look at this model showing blue yay"?  

ETA: Mattie if that was a joke sorry (I missed the smile face) but some definitely aren't joking.  

@mappy the defense is in there  because the attacks are in there.  Frankly this is ridiculous.  Its the same 5 or 6 people complaining and whining every-time anyone says anything about warm temps or skeptical of snow.  That is an analysis thread not a digital snow thread and its not a safe space to emotionally support people who are full tilt over not getting snow.  They need to suck it up and deal with it and not shit on people who are making objective analysis just because its not what they want.  

And as for me, I gave them a chance.  I said I would leave and stop posting my analysis if that is really what people want, and it was 5-1 in favor of me continuing to give my honest opinion.  Yet the same handful of people continue to whine and complain everyday!   

I edited in the smiley a few minutes after the fact because I realized it didn't come off how I had intended. 

• Like 1

Just now, ravensrule said:

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's mild and you feel better fast. 

So far, not too bad.  Yesterday was really bad but I thought I was just hung over from my Sunday Funday down at Old Rag and Copper Fox.  I woke up early today and something didn't feel quite right so I tested.  Two pink lines and the rest of the week I'll be sending in sub plans.  Kind of sucks but I don't feel awful right now.  Cold meds help and I just forced myself out for a walk to keep the sinuses draining.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

So far, not too bad.  Yesterday was really bad but I thought I was just hung over from my Sunday Funday down at Old Rag and Copper Fox.  I woke up early today and something didn't feel quite right so I tested.  Two pink lines and the rest of the week I'll be sending in sub plans.  Kind of sucks but I don't feel awful right now.  Cold meds help and I just forced myself out for a walk to keep the sinuses draining.

Did you take Paxlovid?. It really seems to help. Get some rest and hopefully you can enjoy some snow on Sunday. 

28 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I have covid for the first time.  Not bad for a guy that works in two germ factories.

That sucks.

Wife and I got it a couple weeks ago for the first time. It really wasn't that bad for me (headaches for a about four days, body aches for 36 hours, cold symptoms for another 3-4 days...and loss of taste/smell for about 7-10 days), but my wife got hit a lot harder and is just about done recovering after Paxlovid rebound.

It hits everyone differently, so just take it as it comes. I guess the only suggestion is to keep well rested!

• Like 1