Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter 2023

George BM

13 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Y’all need to start a thread, call it “LOL Posts” and start moving posts there instead of hiding them. 

The thread of shame.

Oy, I feel like that would cause more problems. 

The climate change talk has got to stop. us mods are all on aboard with handing out warnings for it moving forward. Seems to be really tough for some to stop harping on climate change because we are having a shit winter. 

54 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

This is going to be one heck of a ski trip to Jay Peak lol. Here’s to not getting frost bite. 

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -26. Wind chill values as low as -66. Very windy, with a west wind 44 to 46 mph.

51 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Damn.  Any chance that they shut down?  :shiver:

I was up there in 2007 or 2008 and it was -11 with a 30-40 mph wind, I went into the lodge and stayed after an hour, the kids (well early teens) stayed out practically all day! BTW the only thing that 'closed' was the gondola due to the winds for about 3 hours. 

2 hours ago, TSSN+ said:

This is going to be one heck of a ski trip to Jay Peak lol. Here’s to not getting frost bite. 

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -26. Wind chill values as low as -66. Very windy, with a west wind 44 to 46 mph.

Those temps are right around what experienced in Killington on a HS field trip back in '94 (towards the summit).  I think we spent like 30 minutes on the trail.  I even started getting white, burning dots on my thumbs.  I think we went to Pico the next day where it "warmed up" and snowed.  It felt tropical in comparison.  Long story short, that type of cold is no joke.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Those temps are right around what experienced in Killington on a HS field trip back in '94 (towards the summit).  I think we spent like 30 minutes on the trail.  I even started getting white, burning dots on my thumbs.  I think we went to Pico the next day where it "warmed up" and snowed.  It felt tropical in comparison.  Long story short, that type of cold is no joke.

Yay lol

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Hinting. Baby steps. My glimmer of hope post for the day.

Now y'all can carry on with the negative vibe.

The negative vibe won't change until we can look at a long range pattern and not see a 570hpa ridge centered right over us.   The problem isn't the analysis its the pattern.  If what the majority of people here want is snow...so long as the pattern is really bad for snow...the analysis of that SHOULD BE BAD... unless its bad analysis.  The fact that it has barely snowed at all all winter justifies the analysis.  If we had long range threads all winter saying "this looks awesome its gonna snow soon" that would mean we suck at this and should find a new hobby.  

When the pattern is actually good for snow...then the analysis should be positive.  When the pattern is bad for snow it should be negative.  

I don't actually get upset at all by whatever direction the discussion takes because the discussion and the actual snow are two different things.  Yea the fact it is not snowing bothers me some.  Not much anymore because I've pretty much given up and moved on.  But no matter it never bothers me if the discussion is about a bad pattern or how its not going to snow...because its just words.  Its not actually snow.  Even if we were discussing how awesome the pattern looks and page after page of digital snow...its just words and pictures its not actually snow.  Analysis of a good pattern doesn't excite me anymore than analysis of how awful it is.  Its just a discussion, words, pictures...all the same.  Just analysis.  Why are people getting upset by people saying its not gonna snow?  The words aren't the reason its not actually snowing.  If we say its gonna snow and then it doesn't does that really make it better?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The coldest I ever skiid in was -20 at Steamboat but honestly it was sunny with no wind and it felt a lot warmer.  The coldest I skied in New England was about -10 at Sugarbush a couple times and that felt pretty awful on the lift in the wind.  

That -66 wind chill in Maine is pretty incredible. All we really have correlating is an Arctic Circle high pressure. 

32 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The negative vibe won't change until we can look at a long range pattern and not see a 570hpa ridge centered right over us.   The problem isn't the analysis its the pattern.  If what the majority of people here want is snow...so long as the pattern is really bad for snow...the analysis of that SHOULD BE BAD... unless its bad analysis.  The fact that it has barely snowed at all all winter justifies the analysis.  If we had long range threads all winter saying "this looks awesome its gonna snow soon" that would mean we suck at this and should find a new hobby.  

When the pattern is actually good for snow...then the analysis should be positive.  When the pattern is bad for snow it should be negative.  

I don't actually get upset at all by whatever direction the discussion takes because the discussion and the actual snow are two different things.  Yea the fact it is not snowing bothers me some.  Not much anymore because I've pretty much given up and moved on.  But no matter it never bothers me if the discussion is about a bad pattern or how its not going to snow...because its just words.  Its not actually snow.  Even if we were discussing how awesome the pattern looks and page after page of digital snow...its just words and pictures its not actually snow.  Analysis of a good pattern doesn't excite me anymore than analysis of how awful it is.  Its just a discussion, words, pictures...all the same.  Just analysis.  Why are people getting upset by people saying its not gonna snow?  The words aren't the reason its not actually snowing.  If we say its gonna snow and then it doesn't does that really make it better?  

It's all good. I am not bothered by whatever is said in general. I mostly post when I see a bit of an opening for something to occur in the overall crappy pattern, or hints of some favorable changes going forward. Otherwise I just tune out and do other things. The constant gloom/doom and perpetual analysis of the 'bad' is fatiguing lol.