Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Southern Cali in the line of fire again. Another atmospheric river headed their way with day after day after day of rain. We aren't the only ones in desperate need of a longwave pattern change.  

I'm honestly happy for them. Folks out West can really use a steady dumping to get the water levels back up again. Consistent flooding rains aren't great, of course, but it's better than staying dry as a bone.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I'm honestly happy for them. Folks out West can really use a steady dumping to get the water levels back up again. Consistent flooding rains aren't great, of course, but it's better than staying dry as a bone.

This. The past atmospheric river event helped with the reservoirs, but the groundwater replenishment process needs much more help. So if they take another set of deluges, it's probably for the best even with the short-term pain it causes as it falls. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Yep, this was much needed for them and I’m glad they’re putting a dent in their water crisis. 

I don’t think it will be long before they go on another multi-year drought, so they need whatever they can get now. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Southern Cali in the line of fire again. Another atmospheric river headed their way with day after day after day of rain. We aren't the only ones in desperate need of a longwave pattern change.  

They need it though. Will get their reservoirs refilled and also the mountain runoff will be replenished.  

57 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I doubt it'll be strong

however, this is a composite of all weak to moderate east-based and basin-wide Ninos. still a complete departure from what we've been seeing. just give me a damn Nino haha

u61wCkR9K2.png.2b6a38fbae2bd9c9b673ce55dba5263a.png

We are trending more toward Weak/Moderate

uwnd_sst_iso20_anom.gif

Last year's subsurface push all the way through was actually warmer.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

@Maestrobjwa- When you plan on closing up shop around here?

Ya wanna get rid of me that badly, smh (despite me cutting my posts down since last month). Hey uh...don't wanna see me post? How about not @ing me just to randomly insult!

P.S. On the off-chance this was NOT an insult...ya know, I don't know if I ever fully "close up shop" on here...because now I'll be following the ENSO. Definitely much less involvement overall given that takes weeks and months...but I'll still be around (I poke my nose in severe occasionally)

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic