Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

As of today Las Vegas has more snow than DCA on the season. #WeSuckAtWinter

Ahahahahahaha! When Vegas gets a heavier snow shower than Winchester has seen all season. 

That ain't right man...Guess there's nothing wrong with THEIR base state! (And also...the western "base state" is better than ours I guess? Eh I don't know)

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

As of today Las Vegas has more snow than DCA on the season. #WeSuckAtWinter

Ahahahahahaha! When Vegas gets a heavier snow shower than Winchester has seen all season. 

My mom lives out in Henderson and called me while I was shooting hoops outside to tell me that it was a mixed bag of precip out there.  She's already had more snow than me from the last event that left them up to 2".  It's ridiculous.  Usually the weather is the opposite from us, so I'm not surprised that with the mild temps here that it's been below normal out there.  This is not our winter.  Just look at the jet stream placement...even for that next week thing it looks further north than ideal.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Dang...just looked at a Facebook memory from this day in 2017 and I was calling it the worst winter ever...and guess how much snow we had by V-Day 2017? 0.2"--the same exact amount we have now, lol

13 years ago today, the sun shined through my bathroom skylight through the nearly six feet of snow that was laid on top from the two blockbuster storms that occurred back to back!

w4yBOwP.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

13 years ago today, the sun shined through my bathroom skylight through the nearly six feet of snow that was laid on top from the two blockbuster storms that occurred back to back!

w4yBOwP.jpg

Yes sir!!! Man what an epic snow period to be alive! I mean wow...yes better to focus on the good memories :)

• Like 1

Analog year - 2018  -----3-4 nor'easters in a row dumped 20 inches on the LV in 3 weeks in early March after 1-2 inches of snow in February and little in January of 2018.   Feb 15, 2018 high was 66 degrees - tomorrows high in the mid 60's here. Why this analog year? Again we have a fading La NIna year like 2018 and now a direct relationship of sudden stratospheric warming showing up which will eventually changed the La Nina pattern in a few weeks which in 2018 resulted  in more LP systems riding and intensifying along the coast instead of being crappy lake cutters. We now a have stratospheric warming suddenly occurring and the models are currently having a real difficult time digesting and ingesting accurate data  especially for the next 5-10 days. IMHO, this is the best chance of snow for everyone in the mid Atlantic. NY metro, Central PA  and Philly region beginning in the next 2-3 weeks that we have had all year. Its coming baby so get your shovels ready. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

11 hours ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

That's about the warmest look it gets on the 18z GFS ensembles. We pop a +3 sigma SE ridge when the NAO goes negative, which is what I'm saying, we might flux the -PNA/+EPO initially. 

It's going to be difficult to mitigate a persistent extremely negative PNA/ SE ridge without a legitimate -NAO. The depiction on guidance in the LR has a slightly negative NAO with the ridge displaced too far north/east. Have to see how that evolves going forward but as advertised that won't help much.

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

yikes

Thank you Jesus.  PLEAAAASE end this nightmare and bring on the 70s.  Dead serious.  If it's not going to snow, it might as well be super above normal.   Being warm is something we almost NEVER fail with, so I'm super confident we're gonna put this nightmare behind us.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Thank you Jesus.  PLEAAAASE end this nightmare and bring on the 70s.  Dead serious.  If it's not going to snow, it might as well be super above normal.   Being warm is something we almost NEVER fail with, so I'm super confident we're gonna put this nightmare behind us.

lmao winter is coming back. give it a week and enjoy the warmth while you can

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic