Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

2 hours ago, Ji said:

as the thread says--LATE FEB will be Rockin. I know more than people think on this board:)

I said I had some optimism for late Feb and March.  That's relative to the no hope despair I've felt for the whole winter up until now...so don't get carried away and say I think snowmageddon is coming...but I could see us maybe having some legit threats for snow  the last week of Feb and through March. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ya know, I actually understand for this month. But I don't remember a nina with wall-to-wall SER on steroids. I mean that typical cold on the front end of winter never really came!

Yes it did.  December was slightly below normal.  That is equivalent to frigid when you adjust for inflation.  And it actually had a legit cold week-ish.  Sure it was marred by the cutter.  This winter was legitimately front loaded.  Just the front load was only good in comparison to the rest of winter.

Just now, cbmclean said:

Yes it did.  December was slightly below normal.  That is equivalent to frigid when you adjust for inflation.  And it actually had a legit cold week-ish.  Sure it was marred by the cutter.  This winter was legitimately front loaded.  Just the front load was only good in comparison to the rest of winter.

But yet all of January was warm, wasn't it? Whereas last year and the previous ninas it was also cold...Can ya call two cold weeks in December front loaded? Lol

2 hours ago, Ji said:

as the thread says--LATE FEB will be Rockin. I know more than people think on this board:)

When I started hanging around here years ago, I'm not sure I would have ever believed that the day would come when and Ji would be the optimist on this board.  Well here we are.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

But yet all of January was warm, wasn't it? Whereas last year and the previous ninas it was also cold...Can ya call two cold weeks in December front loaded? Lol

December is the front, right?  And it's the only month that was not a wall-to-wall torch.  Ergo the winter was front loaded.  Nobody ever said the load would be good.

5 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ya know, I actually understand for this month. But I don't remember a nina with wall-to-wall SER on steroids. I mean that typical cold on the front end of winter never really came!

90-91 was a horrific winter in swva. Got cold in March but before that :yikes:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

just a matter of time before we get a taste of some of those obscene heat waves seen in Western North America or Europe the past couple of years.

Maybe the new normal is a huge ridge with blazing summer heat out West? And if that summer rubber band does bonce back, then by extension the winter one should, as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Best investment I ever made was the pool, installed 2013. Worst…snowblower after winter of 2010…I thought we were going to be a snow town!

We have no snowblower. So can't blame me hahaha

But the pool will be the better investment when we have summer like temps for half a year

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Since 2017 we really haven't had much obscene heat.  Not much snow either.  Coincidence?   

That's what I'm saying. The rubber band is going to snap at some point, but until we have a reason to think it's going to, then I'm sticking with persistence. Huge ridge in the West in the summer and SER in the East in the winter.

If we go moderate Nino in a favorable location, then things may change next winter, but I don't know...I just don't see a reason to think this summer will be particularly hot.

• mappy unpinned this topic