Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

34 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’m a snow weenie like the everyone else but def deal with SAD during the winter. The sunny, higher sun angle, with a touch of warmth like today is comforting.  

+1 to that. Also kids are able to burn some energy outside which is nice for the early bed times and people overall just seem to be kinder when the rays start hitting. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rvarookie said:

+1 to that. Also kids are able to burn some energy outside which is nice for the early bed times and people overall just seem to kinder when the rays start hitting. 

Can relate with that. My little girl is the outdoorsy type, and she goes stir crazy if we’re cooped up inside for too long. Funnily enough she doesn’t mind the cold as long as we dress her warmly enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terpeast said:

Worst of both el nino and la nina. 

This may be why post-nina neutral winters are the worst for us in snowfall. As the nina decays, the atmosphere starts acting more like a nino out west but the SER stays.

A good point. I've been thinking along the same lines. Makes sense actually. It has been acting like a hybrid Strong Nina/Nino.

weeklies are kind of ridiculous… locked and loaded throughout the run. every member has a SSW that occurs by the 16th

as some have already mentioned, I am skeptical about the effects of the SSW, as models are notoriously horrible with tropospheric effects. however, given the strength of the SSW, I would be more inclined to see a switch to a blocky pattern like this rather than keeping with the status quo

109229BA-242F-4035-B6FB-01E0871A8CAB.thumb.gif.b3f1e4b95abd02053d8403c167bca61e.gif7AE8AD72-4075-473D-9479-BF0C0A581A15.png.ced846a495e1f5126c3bfd1db92c9609.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

She goin'!!! I know it won't help for the rest of this winter, I'm just happy to see it go and see things try and set up for next winter. Get the heck outta here! Time and make room for El Niño...(No guarantees, of course, but I just wanna shuffle the ENSO deck again) Now to see if a neutral March bodes well for a solid Niño by Fall...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brooklynwx99 said:

weeklies are kind of ridiculous… locked and loaded throughout the run. every member has a SSW that occurs by the 16th

as some have already mentioned, I am skeptical about the effects of the SSW, as models are notoriously horrible with tropospheric effects. however, given the strength of the SSW, I would be more inclined to see a switch to a blocky pattern like this rather than keeping with the status quo

109229BA-242F-4035-B6FB-01E0871A8CAB.thumb.gif.b3f1e4b95abd02053d8403c167bca61e.gif7AE8AD72-4075-473D-9479-BF0C0A581A15.png.ced846a495e1f5126c3bfd1db92c9609.png

One thing of note- the weeklies initialized off the 0z run, which had a more promising look at the end in the HL and hinted at a -NAO developing. The 12z run today took a step back, looking like more of the same rather than some sort of a meaningful pattern change getting underway. Not sure I would put much faith in this edition of the weeklies. Need to see more persistent hints of a favorable shift in the pattern towards the end of the month over the next few ensemble model cycles.

1677196800-fT5s7k95UV4.png

1677240000-24So6TemX1s.png

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, J.Mike said:

That is very very bad, Here is to hoping the brunt of it smashes straight into the Washington Metropolitan Region delivering incredible amounts of snow. Better yet, a triple phaser that dumps record amounts of snow  from Florida right up the eastern Seaboard into Maine, 100,000 year magnitude snows, particularly the Mid Atlantic. A HUGE TROWAL forms dumping torrential snows on the entire Mid Atlantic for five fun-filled days and DC gets a good taste of Tahoe and Alta.

I am pulling hard for incredible snows and record vodka Siberian air in the Mid Atlantic, with 50s/60s in south central Texas.

One frackin' thing is fo' sure! No one on here can ever call me a Deb.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 18Z GFS….WE CAN DREAM…13 Days…

404720F9-C5E1-4D7C-99FC-A29D6580F0E6.png

Make preparations now. Only 15 days to get ready. Make sure you buy enough eggs to feed the entire metro area with quiche, a minimum of 10 loaves of bread because why not, and all the toilet paper just in case it never melts and after all the leftover quiche...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Make preparations now. Only 15 days to get ready. Make sure you buy enough eggs to feed the entire metro area with quiche, a minimum of 10 loaves of bread because why not, and all the toilet paper just in case it never melts and after all the leftover quiche...  

Dont forget the beer kegs and the IPA's. Lay in a damn good supply.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jebman said:

That is very very bad, Here is to hoping the brunt of it smashes straight into the Washington Metropolitan Region delivering incredible amounts of snow. Better yet, a triple phaser that dumps record amounts of snow  from Florida right up the eastern Seaboard into Maine, 100,000 year magnitude snows, particularly the Mid Atlantic. A HUGE TROWAL forms dumping torrential snows on the entire Mid Atlantic for five fun-filled days and DC gets a good taste of Tahoe and Alta.

I am pulling hard for incredible snows and record vodka Siberian air in the Mid Atlantic, with 50s/60s in south central Texas.

One frackin' thing is fo' sure! No one on here can ever call me a Deb.

This post I made is ridiculous. I realize it deserves a billion hot dogs.

But I want DC to be FebuBuried in snow. I used to live there. I know what it is to crave snow and get 50s all winter. I am pulling so hard for you guys to get snowed in its unbelievable.

I'm crazy, but I just might be right. Weather's goin nuts these days. Anything's possible.

If a crazy nut can forecast the DC weather, let a crazy nut forecast the DC weather. lmao

Now lets see how many hot dogs this post gets. I love them New York Yankees hot dogs a lot, lets have about 7,000 of those.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 6

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

as the thread says--LATE FEB will be Rockin. I know more than people think on this board:)

• Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic