• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

Oh FFS. I was somewhat excited about mid Feb this morning, come home from work and look at the model runs and Feb is already over. This winter and this hobby suck ass. 
man-destroys-pc-harold-slikk-new.gif

Who told you to get excited lol. When is Snyder selling the redskins?

Gefs has some limited support. Super long shot but at least there are a few members hinting maybe. Last few op runs that teased I didn’t even bother to say anything because there was absolutely no support.  It’s still the weakest of signals and probably gone tomorrow but I figured I’d mention it. If we ever are gonna get lucky it has to start somewhere. 

• Like 2

Gefs has some limited support. Super long shot but at least there are a few members hinting maybe. Last few op runs that teased I didn’t even bother to say anything because there was absolutely no support.  It’s still the weakest of signals and probably gone tomorrow but I figured I’d mention it. If we ever are gonna get lucky it has to start somewhere. 
Euro got close

Out beyond the Feb 11-14 window, the GEFS gives renewed hope in the LR with an elongated/displaced TPV and flattening of the SER. Also some evidence of lower heights near the 50/50 region. Still have some issues in the PAC but it's not a shit the blinds look and may offer continued chances thru the 3rd week of Feb at the very least.gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_64.thumb.png.6e597a0f846750f858790ccb1b5faa76.png

CFS continues that same general idea thru early March:

cfs-avg_z500aMean_nhem_4.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Out beyond the Feb 11-14 window, the GEFS gives renewed hope in the LR with an elongated/displaced TPV and flattening of the SER. Also some evidence of lower heights near the 50/50 region. Still have some issues in the PAC but it's not a shit the blinds look and may offer continued chances thru the 3rd week of Feb at the very least.gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_64.thumb.png.6e597a0f846750f858790ccb1b5faa76.png

PD III, lets go!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Out beyond the Feb 11-14 window, the GEFS gives renewed hope in the LR with an elongated/displaced TPV and flattening of the SER. Also some evidence of lower heights near the 50/50 region. Still have some issues in the PAC but it's not a shit the blinds look and may offer continued chances thru the 3rd week of Feb at the very least.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:17 AM, CAPE said:

The latest Ens means in the long range are hinting at an improving pattern beyond mid month, with the AO and NAO trending toward negative and with the TPV back over N Hudson Bay. This look suggests some colder air intrusions would be possible for central and eastern US, as NS disturbances are directed southward in the flow between the EPO ridge and the TPV. A more -NAO might help facilitate getting colder air further southeast/ flattening the ridge along the east coast, somewhat mitigating the -PNA. Always a battle. We really need that ridge south of the Aleutians to not be the predominant feature. Some weakening and a slight shift eastward would improve our prospects.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:06 AM, Ralph Wiggum said:

If that's an improving pattern I would really hate to see what a worsening pattern would look like. 

:hurrbear:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Sliced avocadoes as opposed to a whole one dumping into the US...a little better look! :D

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ji said:

Who told you to get excited lol. When is Snyder selling the redskins?

Who are the "Redskins"??  They've now gone "Commander"!! :lol:

11 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Mid Atlantic Weather fans and Redskin fans go hand in hand. Failure is imminent. 

Ha!  Well, try being from Cleveland and enduring a litany of sports failure and agony!  (Other than the NBA championship in 2016 of course)!!

• mappy unpinned this topic