• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

i mentioned this in other posts...about 4-5 times this year, the euro has given us a great solution(remember the 15 inches it gave us 10 days ago for this coming weekend)....only to take it away 12 hours later and never to be seen again
Sigh

Mods should consider merging this with the 'Is It Ever going to Snow Again' thread. Kinda hard to discern the difference. :lol:

Made this point the other day. I get it’s been a shitty winter but it’s annoying as shit to come in to LR thread to see analysis and all you see is “it’s the end of snow as we know it” banter. For fucks sake. We have multiple other threads for that.

Thank you for continuing to analyze every day, as painful as it’s been.

• Like 6

The big mid month storm. Been keying on this window in the other sub. It's gunna happun.

That’s 9 days out too. Yeah, I know, “it’ll likely fade as we approach” but no one cares to hear seventeen people say the same thing or that it’ll never snow again every time a possible threat pops up. And I don’t mean PSU, who gives us well thought out posts about WHY and the meteorology behind it, but all of the other banter.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

That’s 9 days out too. Yeah, I know, “it’ll likely fade as we approach” but no one cares to hear seventeen people say the same thing or that it’ll never snow again every time a possible threat pops up. And I don’t mean PSU, who gives us well thought out posts about WHY and the meteorology behind it, but all of the other banter.

It's a legit threat window

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a legit threat window

Sure is. I’m really not trying to be a dick, but that’s exactly what this thread is for. Analyzing the mid to LR pattern… good or bad. We all have the same feelings about this god awful winter, and we have a banter and an end of snow forever thread so that people can vent their frustrations about it. I honestly don’t get why some people come in here just to complain if they’re so certain it won’t snow again. It’s annoying to parse through all of that BS when attempting to read posts made by CAPE and others analyzing the LR.

5 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Sure is. I’m really not trying to be a dick, but that’s exactly what this thread is for. Analyzing the mid to LR pattern… good or bad. We all have the same feelings about this god awful winter, and we have a banter and an end of snow forever thread so that people can vent their frustrations about it. I honestly don’t get why some people come in here just to complain if they’re so certain it won’t snow again. It’s annoying to parse through all of that BS when attempting to read posts made by CAPE and others analyzing the LR.

Speaking of LR, we could theoretically have a chance for something in early April with this look:cfs-mon_01_z500a_nhem_2.thumb.png.e31e9c01bdafe6628ee3da0b35c4ffe0.png

But alas, we have plenty of chances still coming this month and into March so hang tight. Never a doubt on the backloaded winter thing this year.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Speaking of LR, we could theoretically have a chance for something in early April with this look:cfs-mon_01_z500a_nhem_2.thumb.png.e31e9c01bdafe6628ee3da0b35c4ffe0.png
But alas, we have plenty of chances still coming this month and into March so hang tight. Never a doubt on the backloaded winter thing this year.

Pretty confident we’ll get one nice storm to hang our hats on this winter over the next 4-5 weeks, even if it’s been a disappointing season wholistically. If BWI sees a foot of snow between now and April, it’d end up 8” shy of its annual average. In 2010, BWI saw 70+” of snow on the season. BWI only averages around 20” because shitty winters happen with a fair amount of regularity in these parts. Yeah yeah. It’s not been “this bad”, but it’s been awfully close plenty of times.

Perhaps we do get shutout the rest of the winter, but to pretend like we know that because we’re salty about how December & January unfolded is a bit ridiculous. If the base state begins to turn less hostile toward mid to late month, as is being forecasted, we could certainly score a win or two on the backend of what’s been an otherwise awful winter. Weirder things have happened than getting a snowstorm or two in an overall shitty winter. See January 2016 for reference.

24 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

We can't get it cold enough to snow in January and February with perfect track storms but I'm sure April we could see some snow, lol.

• mappy unpinned this topic