• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

At subzero temperatures, with consistent wind, I would say most dwellings would lose heat at 4 or 5 degrees per hour? 

Back in the October snow that caused power outages for up to a week and more, they said houses were down in the 40s, that was with night temps in the 20s so I imagine they'd go lower than that with these temps.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Mount Washington is currently-46F. One degree away from tying there all time record low temperature. 

That's insane. 

-50 is actually the all time record (1885). -47 is only what has been digitized.

I don't think there's much hope of hitting -50, given that temps aloft start warming from here on out, but impressive nonetheless. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

-50 is actually the all time record (1885). -47 is only what has been digitized.

I don't think there's much hope of hitting -50, given that temps aloft start warming from here on out, but impressive nonetheless. 

Maybe if the winds were only a pedestrian 50 mph and not 110 … 

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

The current wind chill is -107F and the all time unofficial record is -105F set in Alaska.  So I guess they have this record?

4 minutes ago, rcostell said:

Whiteface summit inched down to -40F. Very cold night in the 'dacks.  -26F outside at 1850' on north side of Whiteface. 

Just drove to Lake Placid. Car read 0 at CON, -9 at LEB, -18 over the greens (Midd Gap), -9 in Midd, -22 in LKP. Heat did fine in the car. Heat in the motel, not so great.

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

The current wind chill is -107F and the all time unofficial record is -105F set in Alaska.  So I guess they have this record?

Yeah all wind chill records are going to be a bit dodgy, but it looks like MWN got down to -108 at one point. Daily Mail over the UK was running stories on the coldest US wind chill, we've gone global!

• Like 2