• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

2 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

I love how this winter had reduced us to being excited about cold

We’d weenie out over this type of cold outbreak in a good winter too. This is very rare to get a cold shot this intense. Even if it is very quick. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ve been thinking ORH has seemed a bit warm lately too.

Yeah and if they get to like -15 tonight, I’m going to wonder if they really did tie or break 2016 if all the surrounding mesos are -16 or -17.

Oh well…can’t do anything about it now. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and if they get to like -15 tonight, I’m going to wonder if they really did tie or break 2016 if all the surrounding mesos are -16 or -17.

Oh well…can’t do anything about it now. 

Can’t you go and talk to a manager?   Or poke it with a stick?

I think my personal record here of -19F is safe. 

• Haha 2

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Can’t you go and talk to a manager?   Or poke it with a stick?

I think my personal record here of -19F is safe. 

Getting an ASOS fixed is probably harder than getting cooperation from the IRS. :lol:

They usually only fix them when it becomes super obvious. At least in the past. I just checked MADIS site and it’s been running pretty warm since late 2020 actually but there are no noticeable recent kinks in the graph. There’s a big on though in 2020. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It truly is something out of like a Nat Geo documentary in some arctic village right now (but with more breweries)… the blowing and drifting snow, streetlights filled with small crystals blowing by fast, streets have snow just sifting through them with only tire spaces bare pavement.  Visibility is reduced low but can’t tell if it’s just suspended crystals or blowing snow or icy haze.  Sheltered cars have this film of snow on them, like an arctic dust.

-18F to -22F on my drive home for area temps.

There is definitely something surreal about this cold. It’s nowhere near my record low of -34, but that was with radiation cooling and dead calm wind. This wind makes it feel very different, it feels like a station at the South Pole lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Getting occasional smoke out of the pellet stove exhaust. I’ve been running it hot for 24hrs now. My air intake is from inside the house and I’ve been boiling water for a few hours to increase the humidity. Could it be condensation? Is that more typical when you get well below zero or am I dealing with an issue? I had cleaned the pipe and exhaust fans pretty good a couple weeks ago and cleaned the fire pot and ash last night. 

-8/-20 right now

Some crap Pellets in that bag? Occasionally smoking a little is normal when burning constantly at high temp as well but you can increase your exhaust fan if yours is programmable 

• Like 1