• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

8 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Having lived in New England most all my life...we do get these extreme cold spells we are having here now..Yes it is cold…brrrr.. but it's not like it is some novel event never experienced here before. Yet that is what the media act like.

In the 32 years of living up here in Central NH it has never been -12F at 4:30pm.  So for this point of the day it is an extreme event.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Having lived in New England most all my life...we do get these extreme cold spells we are having here now..Yes it is cold…brrrr.. but it's not like it is some novel event never experienced here before. Yet that is what the media act like.

Problem is we're not used to it, some years this cold wouldn't bother me, today it's chilling me to the bone. Gonna stay inside tonight by the wood stove.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

That line seems way too slanted.  Ignoring the zero pips (since those years also have them in the group area) the line probably ought to start at about 115 and drop to the low-mid 90s.  A 3-week shift is significant, but that line shows about 7 weeks.

Agreed. The 3 week shift is aligned with ice out trends statewide. Give or take 10 days on either side of the season. 

Is there some reason OKX didn't include Northern Fairfield and Northern Middlesex in the Wind Chill Warning for CT.  It seems they will be as close as the other CT zones (from OKX) in meeting the criteria.  If anything, from recent HRRR and RAP, if they're good on temperatures, the axis of cold has shifted a bit west from where earlier modelled. 

I'm at 8.9 now with 40-50 mph gusts in New Fairfield