• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

925 temps aren’t even -20C yet in most of SNE. You aren’t going to be getting super low readings yet. Even in CNE it’s like -25C…that’s really cold but the meat of it is still to come…they should shave off another 10C at 925 even in CNE. Down in SNE we might shave off another 13-15C 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Idk. We didn’t close down here but WCs are below zero across a lot of MA. 

You can’t cancel school every time wind chills are Marginally below zero during am or pm commute . Boston is 1f wind chill and 19f

in a normal year that would be several cancellations per year . -25/30 is another story 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Very likely if there had been more actual "snow days" to this point they wouldn't have been so trigger happy with closing today. 

They also love to close on Friday’s .

Also when they screwed up 11 days ago on a Monday and after the Boston parents ripped them ..they knee jerked on that Wednesday To Early closures and not even 1 flake flew by 5pm

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They also love to close on Friday’s .

Also when they screwed up 11 days ago on a Monday and after the Boston parents ripped them ..they knee jerked on that Wednesday To Early closures and not even 1 flake flew by 5pm

Yes, giving teachers a long weekend is a factor in it sometimes.

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

We are just behind you,  +.9F and going down.  We got a 1/4" squall around 2am.  Peak wind was 26mph.  Although trees and the hill block me from the NW there is still very little wind.  Mostly 2-12mph on the Davis at 10 meters above ground.

My weather station is at 10m as well. I'm somewhat protected with trees, but an opening from the north. I think my all time cold record of -17F is in jeopardy. Wind will probably remain. Largest gust was 33mph. Currently -5.5F

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's 3-4pm that was considered to cancel. At that time it looked like it would be into the single digits with a nasty wind chill.  Boston has a big vulnerable population of walkers for many reasons. Trust me, a lot of shit gets factored in. 

A lot of things get factored in and these days much more weight is placed on ..not eliciting a strong pushback/ pissing people off , as my gf’s dad is head of mass superintendent group. So sometimes you make decisions not based on the actual forecast but on the “worst case scenario that is unlikely causing blowback “

This is a quite a phenomenon we get to experience, falling from 12 at sunrise to -5 at sunset.  That is very rare.   I'm glad it doesn't last long, but it will help the people who like to get out on the lakes and ponds for entertainment, and it holds the snow on the trails for the folks who've been out on sleds the last couple weeks.  Just staying inside until the gym calls later, and getting work done.  Looking forward to nice walks later on Saturday and particularly Sunday, on top of a very solid, consolidated 10-15" snowpack.

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

925 temps aren’t even -20C yet in most of SNE. You aren’t going to be getting super low readings yet. Even in CNE it’s like -25C…that’s really cold but the meat of it is still to come…they should shave off another 10C at 925 even in CNE. Down in SNE we might shave off another 13-15C 

So, is more blend of Euro/GFS?